tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Preparation for new credit card apps

@mongstradamus wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@B335is wrote:
You should have no problem. BoA approved me with many more inq (20+) and your FICO is very similar to mine.

Discover wont give me ant luv either.

I am also worried about recently opened accounts. I thought I recalled reading somewhere about having at least a year of credit history.will it may be automatic denials for not having a year of credit history ?

If your score is that high, there is no way you will get auto-denied. If anything, you should be instant approval. lol With your score being that high it has to mean you have a good AAoA. 3 CCs opened in September of last year isn't bad for new accounts.

What cards are you looking at?

Fidelity amex and Sallie Mae are the two cards I want to get sometime this spring or summer. I believe fidelity amex is experian pull and Sallie Mae is tu pull. I have 6+ inquiries on both tu and experian. 

I don't know if I am just being overly worried about those HP and new accounts. I think according to my discover/Walmart fico score , one of the things holding me back is too many new accounts .

That's just because it's not a 850 so they have to put something negative on there. Smiley Wink You should have no problem getting both of them now, but if you want to hold out longer I'm sure you will get approved then, as well. I don't think there will be much of a CL difference with approval now vs later in the year. (They both should be pretty large.)

Message 11 of 15
Involver
Valued Contributor

You should be fine for both.  I was approved for a Sallie Mae with 3 new accounts opened in the previous 3 months and 8 INQs on TU.

Message 12 of 15
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

If you don't mind me asking why do you need those new cards? 

"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 13 of 15
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@OptimalCS wrote:

If you don't mind me asking why do you need those new cards? 

Its not an need more of an want lol.Sallie Mae is for 5% on gas and amazon. Fidelity amex is for 2% on anything not covered by 5% on Sallie Mae,freedom, it, or 6% groceries bcp . I could live without those two cards but they would be nice to have .

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 14 of 15
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I think i have decided to give it a go and app , once i get my utilization down on my freedom, its around 30% right now. The one lingering question i have is I know after one year HP aren't factored into fico scores, but on cc are they usually manual reviews? If so would that mean they would still see the HP ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.