Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparation for new credit card apps

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Preparation for new credit card apps

I think my credit is in good enough an position to prepare for applications for fidelity amex and sallie mae cards. The one thing i am worried about is i recetnly opened up 3 cc last sept. Opened freedom, IT, and an amex BCP. Is it too soon for me to apply again for new credit?

My credit report looks like this EX has 7 hp and TU has 6 HP. Fico scores are as followed pulled my EX 3/21 and it was 780, my EQ from scorewatch is 800, and my TU from both walmart and discover showed 807, which was pulled on 4/4/14. What are my chances of being approved for both cards or should i wait another few months ?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Re: Preparation for new credit card apps

Personally, I don't think you will have any problem getting approved with high CLs.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 2 of 15
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@BigBS wrote:

Personally, I don't think you will have any problem getting approved with high CLs.

Everything with my credit reports and fico score seem okay.I am just worried about the HP and new accounts.not so sure how Barclay and boa look at those.

Some of the fako sites give me F due to the amount of HP inquiries.I know they are fakos but am quite scared about that. Also I don't know how related this is but discover won't give me an SP CLI.

Message 3 of 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

You should have no problem. BoA approved me with many more inq (20+) and your FICO is very similar to mine.

Discover wont give me ant luv either.
Message 4 of 15
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@B335is wrote:
You should have no problem. BoA approved me with many more inq (20+) and your FICO is very similar to mine.

I am also worried about recently opened accounts. I thought I recalled reading somewhere about having at least a year of credit history.will it may be automatic denials for not having a year of credit history ?

Message 5 of 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

How many new accts in last 6 months? What is your aaoa?
Message 6 of 15
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry just re read yiur post. I think you should be OK especially since you gardened 6 months!
Message 7 of 15
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I am also worried about recently opened accounts. I thought I recalled reading somewhere about having at least a year of credit history.will it may be automatic denials for not having a year of credit history ?

If your score is that high, there is no way you will get auto-denied. If anything, you should be instant approval. lol With your score being that high it has to mean you have a good AAoA. 3 CCs opened in September of last year isn't bad for new accounts.

What cards are you looking at?

Message 8 of 15
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@B335is wrote:

If your score is that high, there is no way you will get auto-denied. If anything, you should be instant approval. lol With your score being that high it has to mean you have a good AAoA. 3 CCs opened in September of last year isn't bad for new accounts.

Fidelity amex and Sallie Mae are the two cards I want to get sometime this spring or summer. I believe fidelity amex is experian pull and Sallie Mae is tu pull. I have 6+ inquiries on both tu and experian. 

I don't know if I am just being overly worried about those HP and new accounts. I think according to my discover/Walmart fico score , one of the things holding me back is too many new accounts .

Message 9 of 15
BigBS
Senior Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@B335is wrote:

Fidelity amex and Sallie Mae are the two cards I want to get sometime this spring or summer. I believe fidelity amex is experian pull and Sallie Mae is tu pull. I have 6+ inquiries on both tu and experian. 

I don't know if I am just being overly worried about those HP and new accounts. I think according to my discover/Walmart fico score , one of the things holding me back is too many new accounts .

In Feb of this year, I applied for Discover it and was instantly approved.  Received the letter with my card and it said my score was 794 and at the time I had 2 HPs on each CRB.  Since then I have received a Delta AMEX Gold, Barclays Arrival VS, LMCU PP Visa, NFCU cashRewards, Comenity Vitacost Visa, and Comenity Coldwater Creek Visa and my score has actually gone up to 799.  Each time I check the score though it tells me that I have too many new accounts.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.