Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing for CLI call

tag
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

Preparing for CLI call

Its about 7:00 so i am getting ready to call Credit Solutions. Card opened December 2012 1k limit. I requested via automated two or three times( denied) . I also called 4 times April 29( had to keep calling back for different reasons) and again denied. I have used the card for about 3500 since December all PIF. And so far this month for 1200. I do have a judgment on my CR. AAOA is 1.7 ish and utility is about 18% reported.

I think i will ask for a total of 5k. Should i ask more or less?
If they say no anything i should say this time maybe change their mind.
Also i just made a 730.00 payment(and there is still about 100 in charges pending) do you think i should wait till it clears. I do have the available credit already
AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Preparing for CLI call

Message 2 of 13
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

Judgment was number one.  Loan balance was to high opened late Janurary I hand only made two payments at that time.  Recent credit or something along the lines.  I also called during business hours so it was here in the states I called. 

I also am going to tell them that I had to use another card when out to dinner because I was so close to the limit and I didnt want to risk over the limit or decline becuse that would of been embarassing!  I only got 1% instead of 3% with their card.

Message 3 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

GE CLI's are after the 4th statement. Sounds like the first attempts were too soon. If you have recently paid it down then you can certainly try again. State your heavy usage and exemplary payment history. Tell them how much you love using the cc and want it to grow with you.
Message 4 of 13
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

I also add this if it helps.

• Your credit score: 695
  • Date of Credit Report Pull: Monday, Jun 10, 2013
  • Scores range from 300 to 850
  • Key factors that adversely affected your credit score:
  1. Derogatory public record or collection filed
  2. Length of time accounts have been established
  3. Proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high
  4. Too few accounts currently paid as agreed

checked rate via LC

Also Lexie u are correct automated first was to soon.  Second wasjust denied.  Also the was no mention of soon soon from Credit Solutions.  They just said no luv for u.

Message 5 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 13
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

oh no Lexie that is not what I wanted to here!  I just got done lifting freeze on TU!  I am going to remain gardening because I know denial is likely.  I am concerned if I leave it open for a month that I may have a few drinks and say WTH! 

Message 7 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@staifokuzed wrote:

oh no Lexie that is not what I wanted to here!  I just got done lifting freeze on TU!  I am going to remain gardening because I know denial is likely.  I am concerned if I leave it open for a month that I may have a few drinks and say WTH! 

Its a SP on TU with Credit Solutions, give it a shot!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You have to be positive! Take control of the conversation just like doing a recon. If your last payment of $730 has posted then give it a try. If not you might want to wait until it actually posts.
Message 9 of 13
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

I called and it ended up being a big fat no again. I asked what could i do to make me eligible in the future. Her answer was read the letter. Then i told her how i had to use another card for no rewards because the limit and that have to make many payments just so i can continue using it. Still no and was told again to read the letter.

I was disappointed but not discouraged. I read a few post about calling automated after. So i did and asked for total Cl of 2100. Then it said i was not eligible and i would receive a letter then it countered for a total 2000 1k increase. They need to change the wording almost ended without accepting.
I now only have to make one payment a month. Thanks lex and ls for encouragement.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.