tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Preparing to apply for all my credit cards :D

@Azza wrote:

MyFico.

No late payments, no collections.

AAoA is about 3.5 years.

Inquiries are between 5-8 depending on bureau.

TL of revolving is $6000. I am an AU on my wife's Discover It with a $7000 line. It apparently shows up in my reports.

Current Util is about 8-11% depending on when my credit union reports... The scores posted in the OP are at about a 20-30% Util.

That Alliant card LOOKS INCREDIBLE. I'm definitely going to make a donation and try to apply for that card.

aaoa is great. inqs are ok.  Do you guys pay interest?  I think you need to have at least a savings account first to apply for the card, especially since its not been officially released yet.  Then the 2nd year you can PC it to something else.  I also think in this economy and with your income it would not be a bad idea to have a single digit fixed rate interest card that has no balance transfer and hopefully low/no cash advance fees.  Get some checking account bonuses!!!!!!!!!

Message 11 of 15
Azza
Regular Contributor

Yeah our current credit union offers 2% APY (Rivermark). We're paying some interest on the Discover It but we're going to have that paid off 100% in July. The only other interest is on the car loan, but we want to accelerate payments on that to clear our debt asap Smiley Happy

I guess I'll have to research the Alliant some more. So I'll need to learn more about the Chase bonuses, because everybody talks about the big fat intro rewards but I'm in this for the longer haul, not so much the churning.

So would you suggest applying for: Citi, Amex, Alliant in that order...? Or what would you suggest? I'm just trying to find the right mix with the most yearly benefit. I feel if I do this right I could *potentially* see $2000 a year in cash back, including my bank interest.

Currently Reporting:

Current Score:

Gardening Started with:

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Azza wrote:

Yeah our current credit union offers 2% APY (Rivermark). We're paying some interest on the Discover It but we're going to have that paid off 100% in July. The only other interest is on the car loan, but we want to accelerate payments on that to clear our debt asap Smiley Happy

I guess I'll have to research the Alliant some more. So I'll need to learn more about the Chase bonuses, because everybody talks about the big fat intro rewards but I'm in this for the longer haul, not so much the churning.

So would you suggest applying for: Citi, Amex, Alliant in that order...? Or what would you suggest? I'm just trying to find the right mix with the most yearly benefit. I feel if I do this right I could *potentially* see $2000 a year in cash back, including my bank interest.

Ask for apr reduction on discover. 

Chase first. You will get exponentially more than 3 percent cash back. Example. Ink preferred Spend 5k get 800. That's 16 percent cash back. Chase sapphire preferred spend 4k get 500 that's 12.5. American Express Blue cash preferred if you spent 6k in groceries you'd get 360.....

Alliant you should get a savings account now. If you have no car loans look into shared secure loan technique here. Then few mos go for card. The best deal would be to get their 400 bonus rewards cc. Then pc to new 3pct card and year 2 something with no annual fee. 

Amex is last they are easiest. 

Why do you donate 10 pct of your income? Do you have a huge amount already saved up and you're in retirement? 

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Why do you donate 10 pct of your income? Do you have a huge amount already saved up and you're in retirement? 

When people use the term "tithe", they are referring to donations to a religious organization, which is often mandatory or at least highly expected. LDS is probably the church most well-known for mandatory tithing, but there are many other sects (usually Protestant or nondenominational) that do as well. The traditional amount of a tithe is 10%. 

Message 14 of 15
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Azza wrote:

Just get the Citi Costco card for now, and then stop. Get used to that card, and consider other cards if you need to, but with your spend level and spend profile, it is unlkely you will get real value, a noticeable difference in return from spend, out of other cards.

The CSR is interesting of course, but you are far from the 5/24 limit so there's no rush to get it. The CSR also hits you up front with the $450 fee. Granted, some of that comes back if you spend on travel, but you have to spend on travel to get it back Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.