Valued Contributor

Re: Prequalified Offers

@jsucool76 wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@cluelessoregonguy wrote:

I get nothing at all. Not mail or anything online. Had a bad account deleted this month though and I've messed up the statement days on some new accounts that always had 1 card reporting maxed out. In 11 days my util should report at a fraction of 1% so maybe I'll finally get lucky.

Good luck :-) my util was around 1-3 % during whole summer and no love from amex, also my scores are decent with no baddies, don't know what else they want to see. Smiley Frustrated

I just checked pre-approval for US bank. I got the saddest card yet....the Contour! Their prepaid Visa! LOL

WTH? Smiley Frustrated

I got Korean air skypass and travel Perks card even when I asked for cash back rewards....

They know best! But at least you got a CC. I didn't even get a secured card or a "No thanks, we're not interested in you!" Just a prepaid! LOL

@I just tried Citi (I get their mail offers, so I know they love me) and I got AA for only 30,000 bonus miles @ $1k in spend. But I did get the 13.99apr so that wasn't too bad.

I'm jealous. No one gives me anything. 

It will happen soon enough. When you least expect it.  I didn't start receiving mailing offers until about Jan of this year. I like the pre-qual offers because it's like apping and I have never been tempted with their offers. Even if I gotten pre-approved for the Cash+ I wouldn't have apped for it because I know I'll get a better CL and APR later if I wait with better scores and util reporting.  I figure if I can get approved today, then I will surely get approved 6 months from now

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 31 of 40
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@BluePoodle wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

I get nothing at all. Not mail or anything online. Had a bad account deleted this month though and I've messed up the statement days on some new accounts that always had 1 card reporting maxed out. In 11 days my util should report at a fraction of 1% so maybe I'll finally get lucky.

Good luck :-) my util was around 1-3 % during whole summer and no love from amex, also my scores are decent with no baddies, don't know what else they want to see. Smiley Frustrated

I just checked pre-approval for US bank. I got the saddest card yet....the Contour! Their prepaid Visa! LOL

WTH? Smiley Frustrated

I got Korean air skypass and travel Perks card even when I asked for cash back rewards....

They know best! But at least you got a CC. I didn't even get a secured card or a "No thanks, we're not interested in you!" Just a prepaid! LOL

@I just tried Citi (I get their mail offers, so I know they love me) and I got AA for only 30,000 bonus miles @ $1k in spend. But I did get the 13.99apr so that wasn't too bad.

It will happen soon enough. When you least expect it.  I didn't start receiving mailing offers until about Jan of this year. I like the pre-qual offers because it's like apping and I have never been tempted with their offers. Even if I gotten pre-approved for the Cash+ I wouldn't have apped for it because I know I'll get a better CL and APR later if I wait with better scores and util reporting.  I figure if I can get approved today, then I will surely get approved 6 months from now

I just want the satisfaction of getting a pre-approval in the mail and being like "nahhhh"

Message 32 of 40
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@BluePoodle wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

WTH? Smiley Frustrated

I get premier,aa,simplicity , and dividend cards. Don't fall for that aa pre approval there is better 50k public offer out there.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 33 of 40
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

I just "opted in" last night after being "opted out" for a number of years. I blame this site! Smiley Happy    Actually we accrued some debt from sick dog vet bills and while it's nice having 6% on Merrick card, I'd like some nice 0% on transfer notes or low interest loans. I already own the Slate card for 15 years so that option is not an option. I really enjoyed being opted out. It worked very well. Didn't have to fire up the shredder every month.  

Message 34 of 40
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

I was pre qualified at Barclay's, and was denied when applying. Others here were approved, even though they were not pre approved on their site. I would not worry about it. When you feel your credit is strong, apply for the cards you really want.

Message 35 of 40
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

I only get Discover offers in the mail.

Message 36 of 40
haveus33nm3
Contributor

I get embarrassing prequals. Like FP and something called Legacy Visa. Also, these catalogs with overpriced Fingerhut type stuff by companies I've never heard of. Oh, I did get one from Montgomery Wards. WTH? Didn't they go out of business in the 90s? Again, overpriced junk. Hopefully one day soon I will get better offers.

EQ 616 TU 638 EX 642 - MyFICO 4/2015

previously: EQ 578 TU 613 EX 614 - MyFICO 2/2015
Message 37 of 40
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@haveus33nm3 wrote:

I get embarrassing prequals. Like FP and something called Legacy Visa. Also, these catalogs with overpriced Fingerhut type stuff by companies I've never heard of. Oh, I did get one from Montgomery Wards. WTH? Didn't they go out of business in the 90s? Again, overpriced junk. Hopefully one day soon I will get better offers.

We all get FP offers no matter what your score is :-)

Message 38 of 40
DFStudent
Valued Member

LOL, I just did the US Bank pre-qual on their website just for S&G's. They pre-qualified me for the Contour card as well. GO FIGURE! 

I think my credit scores and credit report are a bit better than that card. Smiley Happy

$12,400              $20,000           $10,000             $6,000               $4,700               $5,800            $1,050 (AU)
Suncoast CU VISA - $2500, BOA BBR VISA - $1000 || EX - 778 (12/13), EQ - 764 (12/13), TU - 763 (12/13) || Grad Student
Message 39 of 40
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@DFStudent wrote:

LOL, I just did the US Bank pre-qual on their website just for S&G's. They pre-qualified me for the Contour card as well. GO FIGURE! 

I think my credit scores and credit report are a bit better than that card. Smiley Happy

I feel left out i didn't get contour i only got the travel cards , even when i asked for cash back cards. 

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.