cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prequalified from Capital One

tag
shimura

Prequalified from Capital One

Dear all, i just got a letter from Capital One about prequalified offer with no annual fee. Few months ago i tried to apply but got rejected because i don't have any credit score & i don't have a job ( housewife ) but i do have a little income from rent my apartment outside of USA.

My questions : should i try this offer? and will they gonna reject me again just because i don't have any job except an income from husband? I don't really care about the limit they gonna give to me, i just want to build my credit here

and how much income that i should write it down per a year? is that okay if i just write $2500/year?

I am looking forward for some advice here, thank you

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

Re: Prequalified from Capital One

this may not be the best advice but...

i dont think youll get approved..since you have no job. and if you do, it will be a very, very low limit.

are you a student?

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 2 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Honestly with an income that low and a thin file I also think you would be denied again

I would suggest you look into secured cards until your income is much higher

A good one for your profile would be https://www.sdfcu.org/

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@shimura wrote:

Dear all, i just got a letter from Capital One about prequalified offer with no annual fee. Few months ago i tried to apply but got rejected because i don't have any credit score & i don't have a job ( housewife ) but i do have a little income from rent my apartment outside of USA.

My questions : should i try this offer? and will they gonna reject me again just because i don't have any job except an income from husband? I don't really care about the limit they gonna give to me, i just want to build my credit here

and how much income that i should write it down per a year? is that okay if i just write $2500/year?

apply

use your husbands income if you rely on that to pay and will pay the credit card with that income.

Message 4 of 9
shimura

@Shock_ wrote:

this may not be the best advice but...

i dont think youll get approved..since you have no job. and if you do, it will be a very, very low limit.

are you a student?

No i am not a student. i am a green card holder and i just got my GC so i am trying to build my own credit score, thank you

Message 5 of 9
shimura

@myjourney wrote:

Honestly with an income that low and a thin file I also think you would be denied again

Thank you for the information, i will try to apply from BoA for the secured card too because i am thinking at least i have an account  so they will not be worry if i couldn't pay them Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
shimura

@Creditaddict wrote:

@shimura wrote:

apply

use your husbands income if you rely on that to pay and will pay the credit card with that income.

Thank you. So i am decide to apply, the income should be from my husband total amount?

Message 7 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@shimura wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Thank you for the information, i will try to apply from BoA for the secured card too because i am thinking at least i have an account  so they will not be worry if i couldn't pay them Smiley Happy

Good luck I'll be pulling for you

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 9
shimura

@myjourney wrote:

@shimura wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Good luck I'll be pulling for you

Thank you, finger crossed Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.