Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prequlify?

tag
RedHeadGirlLA
New Contributor

Prequlify?

I was curious and looked on both Chase and Citi's pre-approval site.  Citi said I was qualified and Chase said I was not.  How good are their pre-approval sites.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Prequlify?

Generally these prequalify sites are solid. But keep in mind even with a prequalified offer you can still be declined and the opposite is true in regards to not receiving a preqaulified offer, you can still be approved without an offer. If your scores and overall profiles are good then your odds of approval are good. 

Message 2 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I agree with creditguy, and will also say that at times they are hit and miss. Meaning, you may actually be well within range to qualify, but nothing shows up, or the opposite.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 7
RedHeadGirlLA
New Contributor

Would either of you pull the trigger and apply to the Citi Card?  Is it worth the risk?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RedHeadGirlLA wrote:

Would either of you pull the trigger and apply to the Citi Card?  Is it worth the risk?

Do you want/need the particular card?  If so, then apply.  The only 'risk' you have is a denial and a HP or two, neither of which is that big of a deal.  

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never used a prequalify to get a credit card and I've been approved for every card I've ever applied for.

I'd say look at your overall profile and apply for cards you think you'd get approved for!
Message 6 of 7
RedHeadGirlLA
New Contributor

Thanks for the advice. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.