Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preselected offers flowing in now

tag
audia4
Established Contributor

Preselected offers flowing in now

While I know that the "preselected offers" you get in the mail doesn't mean that you are "preapproved", it has been MANY years since I have received this kind of mail and it's kinda a good feeling.

I have worked so hard over the last 7 years on my credit and have slowly started rebuilding it (after a messy divorce, the ex destroyed it) and things are looking up for me. I have approximately 1 month left and my last derogatory thing on my credit will fall off...and it's a "biggie"...a judgement from 7 years ago. I am counting down the days and hoping that nothing goes wrong.

So, since it's been such a long time since I use to get these mailings, just how easy is it to usually get an approval from them? They start out saying "Your excellent credit history suggests you have very high standars....blah blah blah....that's why we're proud to offer you the...blah, blah blah credit card. Does this actually mean they might have done a soft pull on my credit? Or is it just spam mail?  I have received offers over the 2 weeks from Bank of America Visa and American Express.

Any thoughts? I'm not applying for anything until this last item falls off of my credit next month, however, these "offers" are good until the end of next month.

It has just been such a long time since I have received anything like this. It's a good feeling, but yet a scary one. Smiley Happy

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Preselected offers flowing in now

I know when I get home and see there is a targeted off with my name on it its like receiving a gift

I would choose AMEX over BoA. IMO they have better awards and the CLI policy is good.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 21
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

I wish i was in your position! My baddies arent due to fall off for about 3 years (still betting the farm on GW letters) and the only preselected mail I get are from Credit One! A 

Message 3 of 21
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Hey it still feels go to get selected Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 21
chnceit
Valued Contributor

I meant good Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 21
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

congrats on rebuilding your credit and almost standing atop that big mountain you've been climbing! you deserve those darn mailers Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 6 of 21
RushXTC
Established Contributor

@audia4 wrote:

While I know that the "preselected offers" you get in the mail doesn't mean that you are "preapproved", it has been MANY years since I have received this kind of mail and it's kinda a good feeling.

I have worked so hard over the last 7 years on my credit and have slowly started rebuilding it (after a messy divorce, the ex destroyed it) and things are looking up for me. I have approximately 1 month left and my last derogatory thing on my credit will fall off...and it's a "biggie"...a judgement from 7 years ago. I am counting down the days and hoping that nothing goes wrong.

So, since it's been such a long time since I use to get these mailings, just how easy is it to usually get an approval from them? They start out saying "Your excellent credit history suggests you have very high standars....blah blah blah....that's why we're proud to offer you the...blah, blah blah credit card. Does this actually mean they might have done a soft pull on my credit? Or is it just spam mail?  I have received offers over the 2 weeks from Bank of America Visa and American Express.

Any thoughts? I'm not applying for anything until this last item falls off of my credit next month, however, these "offers" are good until the end of next month.

It has just been such a long time since I have received anything like this. It's a good feeling, but yet a scary one. Smiley Happy

Ugh... I receive so many of those damn things. I ended up falling for the Discover "IT" offer and I even used the preapproved code and I still got declined... 2nd time this happens so I gave up with those... I have enough credit cards for now anyways.

Message 7 of 21
silverzgirl
Regular Contributor

I only get three preselects: MileagePlus Explorer (declined for it a year ago, denied Club in April) because I am a FF, The cap One rebuilder (denied 7 months ago after mailbombing my mailbox at 3-4 a week, they stopped but they started sending several a week now) and OneMain Financial loan for 6K (at 36 percent from what I read, I denied them.) Baddies sticking around for another 3 years so I won't get anything good for, like, forever.

Needless to say I am underwhelmed.

Starting FICO, June 2010: EX-581, EQ-581, TU-581
Now: EX-742 EQ-710 TU-709

Currently: NFCU Platinum Visa 18K, BECU Visa 15K, Navchek 15K, Vystar+ CU Platinum Visa 10000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles 9K, Military Star 8200, Nordstrom VS 7800, Macys 7600, Lowes 6K, Pier 1 6K, Mohawk Floor 4500, TJX Mastercard 4K, Pottery Barn 4K, Amazon 3600, Talbots 3000, Barclaycard 2400, Ann Taylor 2280, Ballard Design, 1500, Victorias Secret 750, NY&CO 500, J.Crew 300

Message 8 of 21
audia4
Established Contributor

So should I remain with my original thoughts...and that is that this "preselected" offer(s) doesn't really mean that they will even allow me to have a card? Is it just advertisement?

Does anyone know the answer to my questions about if they get our information by doing a "soft pull" or have they not even pulled my credit at all to get these preselected letters? Anyone know?

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 9 of 21
JonStur
Established Contributor

Yes they are

@audia4 wrote:

So should I remain with my original thoughts...and that is that this "preselected" offer(s) doesn't really mean that they will even allow me to have a card? Is it just advertisement?

Does anyone know the answer to my questions about if they get our information by doing a "soft pull" or have they not even pulled my credit at all to get these preselected letters? Anyone know?

Yes they are checking your credit, yes it is a soft pull. An easy way to find out is to pull your report, you get one free one from each bureau yearly, and there will be a section that lists soft credit pulls. While nothing is guaranteed, generally if you have an invitation code it's a better chance of approval. Just wait till your baddie falls off and you have a good shot assuming you have no other baddies...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.