Presidential Plus Card from Chase

tag
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Presidential Plus Card from Chase

Does anyone here have this card?

What are your score?

What is your CL?

I saw one the other day at checkout....I love this card !!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Presidential Plus Card from Chase

@tntexans72 wrote:

What are your score?

What is your CL?

I've never heard of it, but, I do wonder if one has to show their  birth certificate to qualify for it.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@DI wrote:

@tntexans72 wrote:

What are your score?

What is your CL?

I've never heard of it, but, I do wonder if one has to show their  birth certificate to qualify for it.  Smiley Very Happy

Ok Donald Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 11
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

That's the Continental Airlines card, right?  I think there's a very large AF attached to it.  $400 or so. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless you fly relatively frequently it's not worth it (look at the onepass plus instead). I have it, but I utilize the lounge access about 2-3x month. I also have elite status, so it gives a 25% mileage boost on continental/united. I have never really used the hyatt platinum membership or other features. 

It's much better than the amex platinum if you live in a united/continental hub city (ie. San Francisco, LA, NYC, Chicago, DC, Houston, etc.)

Message 5 of 11
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I really like the looks of this card and all the perks that are associated with it. But like some stated here, that AF is outragiously high. I don't spend enough on one card to justify paying that much fees. In matter of fact, I would not apply for any card that has AF.

That One Plus is also a great card....what is the minimum fico score you need to have to be approved for a One Plus?

I have a checking, savings, business account with Chase along with 2 of their CCs. I've been with Chase since 2002.

I've been getting pre-approval letters for the One Plus....but have only seen one person with a Presidential Plus. He was in his 60s and I am sure his score was probably 800s, lol.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably depends on many factors. I'm 25 with scores in the 760-780 range. The onepass plus also has an annual fee, but I think it's less than $100.

Message 7 of 11
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Probably depends on many factors. I'm 25 with scores in the 760-780 range. The onepass plus also has an annual fee, but I think it's less than $100.

I believe it's $85 but it has the best rewards if you are a frequent flyer of Continental.

I live near their HUB and I am itching....but I am going to hold off.

Gonna make sure my CR is squeaky clean with no inquiries before I hit the apply button. lol

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. As you probably know, Amex MR points will no longer be transferable to continental/united starting this september. Also, the platinum card will no longer have access to the presidents/red carpet lounges. 

Message 9 of 11
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe it's $85 but it has the best rewards if you are a frequent flyer of Continental.

I live near their HUB and I am itching....but I am going to hold off.

Gonna make sure my CR is squeaky clean with no inquiries before I hit the apply button. lol

tntexans72,

Believe it or not, the OnePass card is (or at least was) very easy to obtain.  I was approved back at the beginning of December for that card and a $16K CL.  They pulled Experian, for which at that moment in time I did not know the score, but a month later I learned after joining PSECU that it was 683.  I had 3 other inquiries for credit cards showing for THAT MONTH ALONE on EX (and 9 more on top of that for a mortgage refi we had closed last year).  I think Chase/Continental have been so generous with card acceptances and credit lines because they are trying to woo American Express customers away (which may or may not apply to you) before the September 30 end to the relationship between Amex Membership Reward and Continental/United, or at least that's what I read on another website.

Hate to make this card more tempting for you, but in my opinion and experience not only is it a great card, but the creditworthiness standards are fair to lenient.  I looked at the PP card as well, but my biggest interest was earning miles, not club access.  My miles have shot up a huge amount (close to 100K) due to the initial bonus, annual spending threshold bonus (which we met within a few months), and promotions that they have run during the spring (double miles for everything except CO purchase; TRIPLE miles for CO purchases).  I'll miss the club access when I can't get in there on my business Amex Platinum card, but they sell day passes now on the website with your plane tickets so it's not like I can never get in there again.

Good luck!

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.