Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prestige 4th night for multiple rooms?

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Prestige 4th night for multiple rooms?

Is the statement credit on Prestige for the 4th night limited to just one room per stay, or can it apply to all the rooms charged to the card?

Let's say a hotel charges $100/night per room. My group checks in on Monday afternoon with a reservation (a AAA rate booked through Carlson Wagonlit) for three rooms for four nights (leaving Friday morning).

At checkout, the bill is $1200 ($100 * 3 rooms * 4 nights) and it's all on Prestige.

When Citi gives me a statement credit, will it be for $100 or $300?

I don't have Prestige, but I do have a refundable 4-night reservation that might be worth rebooking...Smiley Tongue

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Prestige 4th night for multiple rooms?

@wasCB14 wrote:

Is the statement credit on Prestige for the 4th night limited to just one room per stay, or can it apply to all the rooms charged to the card?

Let's say a hotel charges $100/night per room. My group checks in on Monday afternoon with a reservation (a AAA rate booked through Carlson Wagonlit) for three rooms for four nights (leaving Friday morning).

At checkout, the bill is $1200 ($100 * 3 rooms * 4 nights) and it's all on Prestige.

I don't have Prestige, but I do have a refundable 4-night reservation that might be worth rebooking...Smiley Tongue

You'll only ge the one credit of $100, not the $300

Message 2 of 3
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Prestige 4th night for multiple rooms?

@Anonymous wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

You'll only ge the one credit of $100, not the $300

Thanks. I did some research elsewhere and found a few people had gotten credit for multiple rooms, but those reports were from 2014 and Citi may have "fixed" that. The official terms and conditions are a bit ambiguous, but don't sound favorable.

My conclusion: Don't apply for a card when the probability of a headache is at least as high as the probability of saving $300. I'll take risks with reservations another time, and stick with what I have for now.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.