Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prestigious Cards for "Average People"

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Prestigious Cards for "Average People"

me being crazy credit carrying source my mind is always running credit I view differently so looking at your portfolio I would notice your BB&T. yes the black citi would catch my eye at first, then I would be like that doesn't have rewards so either they hopefully are using a BT on it or they don't know.

amex, i think i wonder if they know they can ask for a 3x cli with a sp but otherwise not so impressed that someone has it because we know they are not quite so hard to get anymore.

best buy store I would think in my head they can't be terrible credit because they don't have the stupid mc i have... but they have also changed up the cards a bit so I now have the new card image in my head if I see it to know it's different Smiley Tongue

so back to BB&T, but only because im from the midwest and they were my primary bank before moving and had a good friend that was regional manager and dealt with their credit products a lot... they are not easy! but once in!!!

BTW you have overdraft line of credit with them OP?

Message 21 of 33
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@eagles08 wrote:

I'm talking about the cards that get a "wow" at Food Lion, Applebees, Ruby Tuesdays, or maybe the local golf course.  If you were a cashier at a similar establishment, what cards would wow you?

Nothing would.  The particular card a customer uses would be the least of my concerns with a job like that.  If you want a card with "wow" then pick the ones that do it for you.  Don't obsess over what others may or may not think.

Message 22 of 33
CS800
Super Contributor

My Zync has gotten more attention that any other cards I have (even the AMEX Plat). The CSP not that much

Well the Zync is kinda exclusive now; you can't apply for it Smiley Wink

Message 23 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

If we go by comments (rather than "prestige", scare quotes because IMO, anyone impressed by your credit card isn't worth impressing!) then my Cap One platinum, because it is personalized with a photo (a pet because I am just so totally out there and original).  That just makes it look different from other credit cards.

Message 24 of 33
vAirGo7
Regular Contributor

Amex zync is charge card?

Message 25 of 33
CS800
Super Contributor

@vAirGo7 wrote:

Amex zync is charge card?

Yes

Message 26 of 33
enharu
Super Contributor

Depends on definition of average, but I would probably say any card issued by a large investment bank or wealth management firm and has a minimum amount of asset required to open the account is prestigious. Cards such as those issued by UBS, Morgan Stanley, Deutsche bank, BNP Paribas, JP Morgan, etc. Most of those require some form of a minimum asset amount (250k and up). It isn't exactly considered as a lot of money, nor is it a small sum of money either.

Those aren't your run of the mill types of card that anyone can open (such as Amex plat or that Barclays black card), nor is exceptionally hard or exclusive to get (such as certain UHNW cards or Amex centurion)
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 27 of 33
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Still got my unicorn framed, awesome card!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 28 of 33
Open123
Super Contributor

Of all the cards I've used, the Zync has gotten the most positive comments, especially in the beginning.  I used to get, "I've seen the Black, but not the White."  

Message 29 of 33
eagles08
Regular Contributor

@creditaddict, yeah I do have the $500 line of credit. I also have the same thing with my CU I now bank with.
AMEX BCE- $12,600 I Discover IT- $10,000 I Chase Freedom- $7,000 I Citi Double Cash- $3,300 I Best Buy- $2,800 I Bayport CU Visa- $1,000
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.