Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prg upgrade from green

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Prg upgrade from green

Well I called and upgraded after seeing that it's 2points for. Gas. Groceries. And supermarkets. Which s where most of my spend goes. No hp. And no new account. So I guess my garden status stays the same? Yes the main reason I like the charge cards is they keep me from having high revolving balances. Too easy to put things in a credit card and pay slowly. This way too pif and keeps me on the straight and narrow. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Prg upgrade from green

That's awesome Taxi! I wish other banks offered charge cards, because I think they are great for credit discipline. You don't spend more than you can afford to pay each month. Love it.
Message 2 of 11
elim
Senior Contributor

congrats T, but i think you just missed out on the 50k (but you do get that $100 statement credit every year).

Message 3 of 11
taxi818
Super Contributor

It did mention the statement credit. Hazy are the details. I just did not want to apply as I'm finally get some points in report for credit age. Oldest account is now 2 years old so did not want my aaoa going down since I already have this green. 50k is nice but I'll get over it. This just makes my charge card more useful and now it will see most of my spend 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!

Message 5 of 11
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

Congrats!
Message 6 of 11
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

congrats, hopefully you can slip through the cracks and get the bonus in a future app.
Message 7 of 11
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 8 of 11
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: PRG Upgrade From Green

@-Cal- wrote:
congrats, hopefully you can slip through the cracks and get the bonus in a future app.

I doubt i will ever get another bonus with Amex. At this point the journey has been great but im really done with apping for any new credit cards unless DinersClub returns. I have absolutly every credit card i could ever need or even want for that matter. no more chasing rewards. Ive come to the conclusion to get my current balances down. which i paid lots of old debts with. I will need to show a lot of discipline hence why i went for the prg now. As it will become my primary card while i pay down balances on other cards. Since this is a pif card i have no options and this is perfect. current at 15% usage. Would like to drop to under 10 percent in the next 4 months if possible and without getting any cli's. Another Question to the experts. I just paid my AF for the Green Card last week and i see the prg has the offer of first year AF waived. Will i get charged the AF for the first year or it will be applied to my current card? it was 95 that i paid so if the pc i will not get waived? i will contact Amex after i get the card if no one knows. I don't mind paying it but since im keeping the same card number maybe i can get a refund of my AF. just not sure.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP on your upgrade! Good strategy for not carrying balances on your credit cards. As long as it works for you, that's all that matters. Keep up the good work!Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.