Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price protection-black friday

tag
dize
Regular Contributor

Price protection-black friday

Does anybody know what cards offer price protection that will work on Black Friday sales? I heard in the past discovers worked. I also have a citi simplicity and forward I could use. I don't know if my amex delta gold or diners club offer it.

Does anybody know what cards would work? I would wait until black Friday, i was gonna buy my mom an iPhone 6 at sams club, but she ended up breaking her current phone and I don't know if she can wait that long.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Price protection-black friday

@dize wrote:
Does anybody know what cards offer price protection that will work on Black Friday sales? I heard in the past discovers worked. I also have a citi simplicity and forward I could use. I don't know if my amex delta gold or diners club offer it.

Does anybody know what cards would work? I would wait until black Friday, i was gonna buy my mom an iPhone 6 at sams club, but she ended up breaking her current phone and I don't know if she can wait that long.

Thanks.

Chase offers price protection on some of their cards, such as the CSP and Ritz, if I remember correctly.

Amex used to offer price protection but stopped doing so couple years ago.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 12
dize
Regular Contributor

The only chase card I have is freedom so I doubt that offers it. I don't think capital one does either.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are either of your Citi cards, World MCs? I believe all World MasterCards have price protection. Also I just looked in my Diners Club Guide to Benefits that came with the card and right in the middle of the booklet it has price protection listed and outlines how it works. Mine is a DC Premier, don't know if that matters.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

From my DC Benefit Guide: purchase has to be made with card, lower advertised price must be within 120 days of original purchase, they will refund up to $250 per claim. Maximum of four claims per year. Also it must be a non-auction advertisement or printed advertisement.

Hope that answers your question.

Message 5 of 12
dize
Regular Contributor

I was worried about the citi because on the terms it says "Prices are tracked for 60 days from the original purchase date for the same item by the same manufacturer. Citi Price Rewind only tracks online prices and does not guarantee that it tracks all retailers or will find the lowest advertised price". I spoke to discover today, and while the specific department that handles this was closed (I will speak to them on monday) the CSR told me she doesnt see a reason why it wouldn't be included, plus I can include a copy of the lower price in the ad, rather than hoping they are able to find the price in question.

Message 6 of 12
IcEWoLF
Frequent Contributor

Freedom also has price protection. Used this up last month.

EQ: 768 TU: 769 EXP: 805
Ritz Carlton: 18k
CSP: 7K | Chase Freedom: 5.7K
MERRILL+® VS: 9K | BOA AMEX: 1K
BOA 123: 7K Discover IT: 6K | Discover Chrome 4K | Costco AMEX: 15K | AMEX PRG NPSL | AMEX BCE 15K | Barclay NFL: 4.9K | Citi TYP 7K | Amazon Chase 1.7K | Barclaycard Arrival Plus WEMC 5K | Citi DC 5K | FNBO AMEX 4.8K | CAP 1 QS 10K | U.S. Bank Cash+ VS 5K |U.S. Bank Perks+ VS 6K
Message 7 of 12
dize
Regular Contributor

I just looked at the price protection on freedom and it does look like itll cover it, but my CL is just way too low for some of the things I plan on purchasing.

Message 8 of 12
WLRK11
Regular Contributor

@dize wrote:

Thanks.

Most cards exclude mobile phones. Check your benefits guide. 

Age: 20s | AAoA: 2 yrs | FICO Scores: 700s | Inq: EX: ?, EQ: ?, TR: ? | GARDENING AS OF 06/2014

Message 9 of 12
dize
Regular Contributor

Here is a list of the exclusions:

The Price Protection program applies only to items purchased in the United States of America, including Alaska and Hawaii. It does not cover any of the following:

1. Services
  2. Any used, rebuilt, remanufactured or second-hand items
  3. Consumable and perishable items including, but not limited to, food, fuel, oil, household products and cosmetics
  4. Jewelry, travelers checks, tickets of any kind, negotiable instruments and bullion
  5. Rare or precious coins or stamps, collectibles, antiques and art objects
  6. Motorized vehicles and their parts including, but not limited to, boats, airplanes , ride-on toys automobiles, trucks and motorcycles;and their parts and accessories including but not limited to tires and batteries
  7. Floor models, demonstrator models and one-of-a-kind items
  8. Live animals and live plants
  9. Negotiated sales, one-of-a kind sales, cash-only sales
  10. Close-out/liquidation/going-out-of-business sales but only as they relate to a business (not a particular item) going out of business
  11. Employee discounts
  12. Products purchased at Internet auction sites
  13. Items advertised or shown as price quotes or bids from an Internet auction site
  14. Items that are advertised as buy one, get one free or where the advertised price includes free offers or includes a bonus offer
  15. Digital downloads including, but not limited to, music, movies, books, mobile apps and eCertificates
  16. Gift cards
  17. Special discounts offered through a specific retailer membership or rewards program
  18. Travel and travel-related services

Right now the bolded section is the only part I'm worried about since this is a Sam's club sale.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.