Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primary/Co Applicant help

tag
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Primary/Co Applicant help

I have less than stellar credit as you see by my sig.  I am a member of a local CU and am thinking about applying for their CC to help build my credit.  I do have someone with excellent credit who will co-sign for me.  Question is....do I apply as Primary or Co Applicant?  We both understand the liablities and all the what nots...responsibility, etc.  Would me being primary on the account result in a lesser CL and higher interest or would it matter?   I had a co applicant on my CareCredit..I was Primary and asked for $4000 CL and was instantly approved, but i've read some conflicting things.  Any thoughts?

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Primary/Co Applicant help

You would list yourself as primary and your co-aplicant as secondary.  The CL assignment will be determined by their underwriting criteria, which takes into consideration the joint application information, sources of income and combined credit profiles.

Message 2 of 3
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: Primary/Co Applicant help

@FinStar wrote:

You would list yourself as primary and your co-aplicant as secondary.  The CL assignment will be determined by their underwriting criteria, which takes into consideration the joint application information, sources of income and combined credit profiles.

+1 Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.