cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime Cards--Barclay Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

tag
mkm77
Regular Contributor

Prime Cards--Barclay Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Well,

It's taken some effort but I really got my score up nicely. I was 560 or so late January early February. I had a decent amount of positive tradelines with an average of Age of just under 4 years.

The credit cards I has as of yesterday were Capital One $750, Walmart $1100,Care Credit $500 (Never an increase in 3 years) Hooters $600 (Again never increase in 3 years) Barclays $1400 (Lots of BS reasons why no increase...initally had an increase from $500 to $1400 and then nothing last 1 1/2 years.

Other than Walmart I am probably closing everything else. Today after pulling my Fico and waiting 3 weeks for Barclays to update my credit report, I applied and received approval for USAA World Mastercard $12,000, Discover More $14,000, PenFed $2500 (screwed myseld here by not waiting 90 days from pull before...I am almost certain it would have been 20,000 limit like my wifes but even though report is clean they were scared of the collection from before!! I also have pending Application for Citi Forward.

I'm super happy even though bummed over the PenFed deal...Was going to be my Prime card.

here is a chart showing my progressSmiley SadMay take a bit to show up...Just opened Flickr account

Equifax

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77640515@N04/6967741474
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Re: Prime Cards--Barclay Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

Wow.  Those are awesome limits!  CONGRATULATIONS!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 11
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

Awesome cards and limits!!  Congrats!!

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 3 of 11
omskillet
Regular Contributor

@mkm77 wrote:

Well,

It's taken some effort but I really got my score up nicely. I was 560 or so late January early February. I had a decent amount of positive tradelines with an average of Age of just under 4 years.

The credit cards I has as of yesterday were Capital One $750, Walmart $1100,Care Credit $500 (Never an increase in 3 years) Hooters $600 (Again never increase in 3 years) Barclays $1400 (Lots of BS reasons why no increase...initally had an increase from $500 to $1400 and then nothing last 1 1/2 years.

Other than Walmart I am probably closing everything else. Today after pulling my Fico and waiting 3 weeks for Barclays to update my credit report, I applied and received approval for USAA World Mastercard $12,000, Discover More $14,000, PenFed $2500 (screwed myseld here by not waiting 90 days from pull before...I am almost certain it would have been 20,000 limit like my wifes but even though report is clean they were scared of the collection from before!! I also have pending Application for Citi Forward.

I'm super happy even though bummed over the PenFed deal...Was going to be my Prime card.

here is a chart showing my progressSmiley SadMay take a bit to show up...Just opened Flickr account

Equifax

I don't understand...you had a 560 score 3 months ago and after 3 months you were approved for 2 cards with 10K+ limits?? I have to be honest I'm scratching my head a little at that.

Message 4 of 11
mkm77
Regular Contributor

Add to it Bank of America $2500, Lowes $500, Increased Carecredit to $3500 from $500 (Finally!) Victorias Secret $750,Amazon Visa $1500, Home Depot $4,000.

Yes, I was a kid in a Candy store but I have been in the Garden for 2 years now and in the not able to get a prime card for well more than that! yes, I know that I will never use anywhere near that many cards and yes I destroyed my AAoA and inquiries but after tonight I am in the Garden for YEARS so I'm firing all guns now until they pry the apply now button out of my Cold hands!! Since Im not dealing with BARCLAYS whol again I HATE I dont think I am going to get opened lines shut down but we will see I guess.

Message 5 of 11
mkm77
Regular Contributor

Because I had 4 Collections that are no longer on my file...I also make 6 figures.

Message 6 of 11
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@mkm77 wrote:

Add to it Bank of America $2500, Lowes $500, Increased Carecredit to $3500 from $500 (Finally!) Victorias Secret $750,Amazon Visa $1500, Home Depot $4,000.

Yes, I was a kid in a Candy store but I have been in the Garden for 2 years now and in the not able to get a prime card for well more than that! yes, I know that I will never use anywhere near that many cards and yes I destroyed my AAoA and inquiries but after tonight I am in the Garden for YEARS so I'm firing all guns now until they pry the apply now button out of my Cold hands!! Since Im not dealing with BARCLAYS whol again I HATE I dont think I am going to get opened lines shut down but we will see I guess.

Goodness!  You are on a roll!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
omskillet
Regular Contributor

@mkm77 wrote:

Because I had 4 Collections that are no longer on my file...I also make 6 figures.

What are your current scores if I may ask?

Message 8 of 11
mkm77
Regular Contributor

I just got a score watch alert an hour or so ago and my score was still showing 730. After 5 Inquiries you no longer take any additional hits but I'm surprised I've only lost 19 points? I may pull a report tomorrow to see the damage if any more?
Message 9 of 11
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@mkm77 wrote:
I just got a score watch alert an hour or so ago and my score was still showing 730. After 5 Inquiries you no longer take any additional hits but I'm surprised I've only lost 19 points? I may pull a report tomorrow to see the damage if any more?

Not so much.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.