Reply
Regular Contributor
Romeoo47
Posts: 201
Registered: ‎11-26-2007
0

Re: Prime Cards that pull Transunion

I have to agree to woopah that it depends on where you live in the USA.  For me, here in Texas, Discover and Juniper pulled TU.  A good site to get an idea of who pulls TU in your state is http://www.whogavemecredit.com or you can go to http://www.financeglobe.com to get an idea of what score is needed for a particular card.  A word of caution with the last website, they tend to overestimate scores required for a particular card.  Good luck!

 

On a sidenote:  I hope I didn't violate any board rules by posting web links.  If so, please edit accordingily. 

Moderator Emeritus
llecs
Posts: 32,869
Registered: ‎08-04-2007
0

Re: Prime Cards that pull Transunion


Romeoo47 wrote:

On a sidenote:  I hope I didn't violate any board rules by posting web links.  If so, please edit accordingily. 


Those links are cool.
Valued Member
Maccabee
Posts: 40
Registered: ‎01-20-2008
0

Re: Prime Cards that pull Transunion

Thanks guys for your help - I just applied for a Discover card and was approved with a 2500.00 limit!!

 

Woot Woot!

 

Now I have a prime card that hopefully I can better my score over the next year.

 

New question though, now that I have this, should I close my sub-prime card (Hooters) even though it is my second highest limit. I want to keep my Best Buy card and Target Visa card but they have limits of 650.00 or should I keep the Hooters card and keep enduring the monthly payments.

Credit Scores Currently: T: 746, Eq: 674, Ex: 646 as of 4.20.09
Established Contributor
Itsmeagain
Posts: 832
Registered: ‎01-16-2008
0

Re: Prime Cards that pull Transunion

Congrats on the Discover approval.  They're not so easy to get so you are doing something RIGHT . . :smileywink:

 

As for Hooters, I've had the card for about 1.5 yrs. and it causes me no problems, sitting quietly with others in my sock drawer.  I only let it see sunshine long enough to buy like a newspaper or a smoothie about every 3 mos.  But closing it may affect your score since the CL will no longer be reporting.  Is there a balance on the card?  Are you planning to BT with the new Discover?  In any event, I vote for you to keep the card and the tradeline.  Especially if there is no fee involved.

 

What say you credit gurus?


Starting Score: TU 737 EQ 721
Current Score: TU 741 EQ 741
Goal Score: TU 765 EQ 760


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
clocktick
Posts: 1,603
Registered: ‎12-07-2008
0

Re: Prime Cards that pull Transunion


Maccabee wrote:

Thanks guys for your help - I just applied for a Discover card and was approved with a 2500.00 limit!!

 


Congrats!  I'm just curious what state you live in for Discover to pull TU?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800




Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Member
Maccabee
Posts: 40
Registered: ‎01-20-2008
0

Re: Prime Cards that pull Transunion


clocktick wrote:

Maccabee wrote:

Thanks guys for your help - I just applied for a Discover card and was approved with a 2500.00 limit!!

 


Congrats!  I'm just curious what state you live in for Discover to pull TU?


I'm in CA

Credit Scores Currently: T: 746, Eq: 674, Ex: 646 as of 4.20.09
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98
Posts: 4,336
Registered: ‎09-06-2008
0

Re: Prime Cards that pull Transunion

[ Edited ]

Romeoo47 wrote:

I have to agree to woopah that it depends on where you live in the USA.  For me, here in Texas, Discover and Juniper pulled TU.  A good site to get an idea of who pulls TU in your state is http://www.whogavemecredit.com or you can go to http://www.financeglobe.com to get an idea of what score is needed for a particular card.  A word of caution with the last website, they tend to overestimate scores required for a particular card.  Good luck!

 

On a sidenote:  I hope I didn't violate any board rules by posting web links.  If so, please edit accordingily. 


On the other hand, I also live in Texas, & Juniper did NOT pull TU for me, despite many people swearing that they ALWAYS do.  Just FYI.  :smileyhappy:

 

Edited to add:  Now that I think about it, neither did Discover.  Both of them pulled my EQ.

Message Edited by laz98 on 05-09-2009 12:15 AM
Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}