Not applicable

Prime Cards?

Are my cards considered Prime cards?

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Prime Cards?

I always have felt it can be such an abritrary term, and with the exception of the super rebuilder cards like FP or Credit One that charge you $500 in fees per month to keep, sometimes my attitude is, who cares? If a card works for me and I like the benefits, and it's not charging me some stupid fees, I don't really give a crap whether it's considered "prime" or not. It's all in the eyes of the cardholder. Other than that, it's just a term.

Not trying to attack you OP -- I never understood it, that's all, except like I said, when you're discussing super subprime cards, which you have none of. Does it matter otherwise whether you can consider your cards "prime"? Do they work for you? Do you enjoy the benefits? If the answers are yes and yes, I wouldn't worry about it. JMO.

But to answer the question all of your cards are relatively "prime" and none of them are "subprime" rebuilder cards.

Message 2 of 25
Vegas247
Established Contributor

Are any of my cards prime cards???

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vegas247 wrote:

The last 4 to the right are.

Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

I always have felt it can be such an abritrary term, and with the exception of the super rebuilder cards like FP or Credit One that charge you $500 in fees per month to keep, sometimes my attitude is, who cares? If a card works for me and I like the benefits, and it's not charging me some stupid fees, I don't really give a crap whether it's considered "prime" or not. It's all in the eyes of the cardholder. Other than that, it's just a term.

Not trying to attack you OP -- I never understood it, that's all, except like I said, when you're discussing super subprime cards, which you have none of. Does it matter otherwise whether you can consider your cards "prime"? Do they work for you? Do you enjoy the benefits? If the answers are yes and yes, I wouldn't worry about it. JMO.

But to answer the question all of your cards are relatively "prime" and none of them are "subprime" rebuilder cards.

Thanks for your opinion bro! Smiley Happy I enjoy every benefits of my cards, because before i apped for a card i'm really checking if i would really benefit from it. Btw, all my cards except Amazon store card has cash rewards. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 25
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Thanks for your opinion bro! Smiley Happy I enjoy every benefits of my cards, because before i apped for a card i'm really checking if i would really benefit from it. Btw, all my cards except Amazon store card has cash rewards. Smiley Happy

You're a smart cookie and already ahead of the game, then. Some people apply for cards simply because they are popular and regret it because they get little to no benefit out of it.

As I said, I think all of your cards are perfectly good, so I wouldn't fret about any "subprime" thing

Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

You're a smart cookie and already ahead of the game, then. Some people apply for cards simply because they are popular and regret it because they get little to no benefit out of it.

As I said, I think all of your cards are perfectly good, so I wouldn't fret about any "subprime" thing

I get PLENTY of benefit out of my cool lookin' cards. Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Thanks! Why would you use the card if you won't get anything from it right? I'll just garden for awhile until my INQ removed from my credit report. I'll just CLIs after 6 months.

Message 8 of 25
jamie123
Valued Contributor

@Vegas247 wrote:

All of your cards are prime. Do not discount the Wells Fargo card. Wells Fargo is for SURE a prime bank. They are just very conservative with their credit card lending.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jamie123 wrote:

@Vegas247 wrote:

All of your cards are prime. Do not discount the Wells Fargo card. Wells Fargo is for SURE a prime bank. They are just very conservative with their credit card lending.

Prime banks can have non-prime cards.

That card happens to be such.

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.