Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime Cards?

tag
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Prime Cards?

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

Perhaps you should research the old phrase, "throwing the baby out with the bathwater". It's insulting that you delete the "good with the bad". Or perhaps you didn't like my generic reference, god forbid, to other forums?

Kudos for the heavy handed oversight and censorship

Deletion certainly should be a "last resort" method for exactly the reasons you say.   It's unfair to those who have positively contributed to the discussion; this is why I chose to reopen the topic.   The forum is moderated to keep a good flow of discussion for members to get the best information.   We certainly welcome your feedback and input and don't want people to feel slighted.   I have restored your prior contribution to the topic.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@stagefoursurvivor wrote:

Perhaps you should research the old phrase, "throwing the baby out with the bathwater". It's insulting that you delete the "good with the bad". Or perhaps you didn't like my generic reference, god forbid, to other forums?

Kudos for the heavy handed oversight and censorship

Deletion certainly should be a "last resort" method for exactly the reasons you say.   It's unfair to those who have positively contributed to the discussion; this is why I chose to reopen the topic.   The forum is moderated to keep a good flow of discussion for members to get the best information.   We certainly welcome your feedback and input and don't want people to feel slighted.   I have restored your prior contribution to the topic.

Thank you for editing the thread as it was indeed going off the rails in a most negative manner.

Prime is pretty subjective as you said. For those used to the best terms, Prime could be anything with a single digit APR. For those who chase rewards, Prime could be what yields the highest rate of rewards. Some are just happy to find what's in between.

Message 22 of 25
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Saw on cardreport dot com, the following is what they say about this subject..Take it FWIW.

Prime:

• Requires good credit
  • Lower interest
  • Higher credit limit
  • Lower or no annual fee
  • Lower "nuisance fees" (e.g. late or over-limit fees)
  • Possible rewards, like frequent-flyer points
  • Low-rate balance transfer offers
  • Convenience checks
  • Grace period on purchases

Sub-Prime:

• Some bad credit acceptable
  • Higher interest rate
  • Lower credit limit
  • Higher annual fee
  • Higher "nuisance fees"
  • No rewards
  • Possible application and setup fees
  • Possibly no grace period on purchases
FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mitchblue wrote:

Saw on cardreport dot com, the following is what they say about this subject..Take it FWIW.

Prime:

• Requires good credit
  • Lower interest
  • Higher credit limit
  • Lower or no annual fee
  • Convenience checks

Sub-Prime:

• Higher interest rate
  • Lower credit limit
  • Higher annual fee
  • Higher "nuisance fees"
  • No rewards

Cool! My Juniper card is prime!

Message 24 of 25
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mitchblue wrote:

Prime:

• Requires good credit
  • Lower interest
  • Higher credit limit
  • Lower or no annual fee
  • Convenience checks

Sub-Prime:

• Higher interest rate
  • Lower credit limit
  • Higher annual fee
  • Higher "nuisance fees"
  • No rewards

Cool! My Juniper card is prime!

Lol, I think it means you have to have all of those..But of course I don't have any convenience checks Smiley Sad

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.