Established Member
gheedorah

Re: Prime card with active collection?

[ Edited ]

Well, if I manage to have Cap One EO roll my 3 Cap Ones (2 + an Orchard Bank) into one, and bump the limit (right now, the three only total 1400 CL combined), I wonder how this would affect my credit?

Would closing the 2-month old Target card (you responded in my other thread) have an adverse affect on my credit? Probably?

I have an inquiry set to fall off in the beginning of May. I have 2 more that will pass the 1-year mark in the middle of June, which I know means better FICO but I also imagine Discover would still look at. At that point I'd have three inquiries <1-year remaining (though if Cap One EO needs to hard pull, I'll probably let them). I don't know that I have the patience to wait until mid-June to app for IT...I know I should but...itchy.

I was looking around to see where Discover pulls from for MD residents, but haven't found anything consistent. I have 1 inquiry more on...TU I think...than I do the other two...I dunno, one of the three shows one inquiry more than the other two do. I've gotten the impression that Discovery is inquiry-sensitive. Nothing new besides the Target and a Walmart (speaking of a card that has no purpose), everything else is 8+ months to nearly-a-year old.

Thanks for all the replies, btw!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}