Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime cards??

tag
sweettea
Frequent Contributor

Re: Prime cards??

I was wondering the same thing a little while ago when I noticed the term tossed around a bit in my readings. Prime cards seems to be cards in either or some combination thereof

1) issued from the major banks
2) not easy to get (ie, must have long credit history, have established high limits on other existing cards, no bad marks on credit, must be a member in order to obtain, etc)
3) typically offers better than usual rewards program and additional perks

The cards may or may not have an annual fee.

I don't worry on it personally. There are certain banks it would be a cold day in hell before I would even app to carry their cards, but others sing their praises and consider holy grail cards to obtain. I have a long memory when I'm not treated well or treated like I should be thankful that they are holding my money. Fortunately, there are a number of issuers of different card types, so everyone is free to choose which card to carry in their wallets.

Past - CH7 BK Discharged 01/09 | Rebuild Started 05/12 Present - All IIBs GONE! Future - 2015 Mortgage
Message 11 of 18
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@prabs99 wrote:

I cannot seem to qualify for Chase. I think they hate me, I have a checking and savings with them for 8 years now.

That's odd. Chase has an odd way of doing things sometimes. Do they ever list reasons for their rejections?

Message 12 of 18
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Well I know Chase hates me! Smiley Very Happy  They and Providian (turned into Wamu, then Chase) are the only ones I've burned.  I am fairly sure they blacklist.

Message 13 of 18
prabs99
Regular Contributor

@LawStudentCivilis wrote:

@prabs99 wrote:

I cannot seem to qualify for Chase. I think they hate me, I have a checking and savings with them for 8 years now.

That's odd. Chase has an odd way of doing things sometimes. Do they ever list reasons for their rejections?

Not enough credit history. Even though I have had my Amex since 1998. My AAoA is 5 years.

FICO (Discover) 805
Message 14 of 18
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@prabs99 wrote:

@prabs99 wrote:

Not enough credit history. Even though I have had my Amex since 1998. My AAoA is 5 years.

Well that can't be it then. You should definitely call for a recon next time you app. I'm sure you would be approved.

Message 15 of 18
prabs99
Regular Contributor

@prabs99 wrote:

@prabs99 wrote:

Well that can't be it then. You should definitely call for a recon next time you app. I'm sure you would be approved.

I hate to waste a HP. Funny thing is I still havent seen a HP from my Wells Fargo (3 mo) and PenFed  (1 mo) applications.

FICO (Discover) 805
Message 16 of 18
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

@prabs99 wrote:

@prabs99 wrote:

@prabs99 wrote:

I hate to waste a HP. Funny thing is I still havent seen a HP from my Wells Fargo (3 mo) and PenFed  (1 mo) applications.

Have you checked all three CRAs? 

Message 17 of 18
prabs99
Regular Contributor

Just TU and EQ. I havent pulled EXP.

FICO (Discover) 805
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.