Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime cards..

tag
Carloscda40
Regular Contributor

Prime cards..

What is the average credit score to get a prime card?

My EQ is 656 that's from My FICO. Would I be eliidgible for a prime with that score? All my cards have 0 balance right now, BB Rewards zone(I know) & Cap 1.

And how long doe sit take for Cap 1 to report on credit report?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Prime cards..

Yes u can I have the same Fico score and I got a Chase Freedom, American Express Zync and Barclay's Virgin America Visa card...... They might deny u instanltly but cal lthere backdoor number credit analyst and they will approve you! Tahts what I did and now I have 3 new credit cards with credit limit starting at $1000 Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
Carloscda40
Regular Contributor

Might my income be a problem $32k yr......

Message 3 of 7
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@Carloscda40 wrote:

What is the average credit score to get a prime card?

My EQ is 656 that's from My FICO. Would I be eliidgible for a prime with that score? All my cards have 0 balance right now, BB Rewards zone(I know) & Cap 1.

And how long doe sit take for Cap 1 to report on credit report?

I think your statement has to close before Cap 1 reports.   I suggest you wait until you have 6 months reporting on Cap 1 before you apply for the  "prime" card.

Message 4 of 7
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

pretty much any unsecured, non store, no annual fee (or any other fees unless big perks), revolving line of credit is considered prime credit.

fico scores around 680 to 700 minimun average to get in. around 650 min. avg. for college students only to obtain prime credit (go figure).

vantage makes it simple. 501 to 600 [high risk]   601 to 700 [subprime]   701 to 800 [prime]   801 to 900 [prime plus]   901 to 990 [SUPERPRIME]

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the Amex Clear when I had a mid 600 score. 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do prime cards like citi or any others allow BK's ?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.