cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime cards??

Frequent Contributor

Re: Prime cards??

I was wondering the same thing a little while ago when I noticed the term tossed around a bit in my readings. Prime cards seems to be cards in either or some combination thereof

1) issued from the major banks
2) not easy to get (ie, must have long credit history, have established high limits on other existing cards, no bad marks on credit, must be a member in order to obtain, etc)
3) typically offers better than usual rewards program and additional perks

The cards may or may not have an annual fee.

I don't worry on it personally. There are certain banks it would be a cold day in hell before I would even app to carry their cards, but others sing their praises and consider holy grail cards to obtain. I have a long memory when I'm not treated well or treated like I should be thankful that they are holding my money. Fortunately, there are a number of issuers of different card types, so everyone is free to choose which card to carry in their wallets.

Past - CH7 BK Discharged 01/09 | Rebuild Started 05/12 Present - All IIBs GONE! Future - 2015 Mortgage
Frequent Contributor

Re: Prime cards??


prabs99 wrote:

I cannot seem to qualify for Chase. I think they hate me, I have a checking and savings with them for 8 years now.


That's odd. Chase has an odd way of doing things sometimes. Do they ever list reasons for their rejections?

Established Contributor

Re: Prime cards??

Well I know Chase hates me! Smiley Very Happy  They and Providian (turned into Wamu, then Chase) are the only ones I've burned.  I am fairly sure they blacklist.

Regular Contributor

Re: Prime cards??


LawStudentCivilis wrote:

prabs99 wrote:

I cannot seem to qualify for Chase. I think they hate me, I have a checking and savings with them for 8 years now.


That's odd. Chase has an odd way of doing things sometimes. Do they ever list reasons for their rejections?


Not enough credit history. Even though I have had my Amex since 1998. My AAoA is 5 years.

FICO (Discover) 805
Frequent Contributor

Re: Prime cards??


prabs99 wrote:

LawStudentCivilis wrote:

prabs99 wrote:

I cannot seem to qualify for Chase. I think they hate me, I have a checking and savings with them for 8 years now.


That's odd. Chase has an odd way of doing things sometimes. Do they ever list reasons for their rejections?


Not enough credit history. Even though I have had my Amex since 1998. My AAoA is 5 years.


Well that can't be it then. You should definitely call for a recon next time you app. I'm sure you would be approved.

Regular Contributor

Re: Prime cards??


LawStudentCivilis wrote:

prabs99 wrote:

LawStudentCivilis wrote:

prabs99 wrote:

I cannot seem to qualify for Chase. I think they hate me, I have a checking and savings with them for 8 years now.


That's odd. Chase has an odd way of doing things sometimes. Do they ever list reasons for their rejections?


Not enough credit history. Even though I have had my Amex since 1998. My AAoA is 5 years.


Well that can't be it then. You should definitely call for a recon next time you app. I'm sure you would be approved.


I hate to waste a HP. Funny thing is I still havent seen a HP from my Wells Fargo (3 mo) and PenFed  (1 mo) applications.

FICO (Discover) 805
Frequent Contributor

Re: Prime cards??


prabs99 wrote:

LawStudentCivilis wrote:

prabs99 wrote:

LawStudentCivilis wrote:

prabs99 wrote:

I cannot seem to qualify for Chase. I think they hate me, I have a checking and savings with them for 8 years now.


That's odd. Chase has an odd way of doing things sometimes. Do they ever list reasons for their rejections?


Not enough credit history. Even though I have had my Amex since 1998. My AAoA is 5 years.


Well that can't be it then. You should definitely call for a recon next time you app. I'm sure you would be approved.


I hate to waste a HP. Funny thing is I still havent seen a HP from my Wells Fargo (3 mo) and PenFed  (1 mo) applications.


Have you checked all three CRAs? 

Regular Contributor

Re: Prime cards??

Just TU and EQ. I havent pulled EXP.

FICO (Discover) 805