cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime credit cards versus sub-prime credit cards?

tag
vikingred
Frequent Contributor

Re: Prime credit cards versus sub-prime credit cards?

@One7 wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

In the sense of AMEX not granting credit to anyone unles your credit is fairly good. If you don't qualify for a "prime" level product then you don't qualify at all.

Chase.Citi,Cap One, Barclays have products that are geared towards those with "sub-prime" level credit ratings but there are "prime" lendors

Many people have gotten in with Amex with mid 600 scores. Just out of curiosity which Chase card is geard towards bad or subpar credit?

Scores are not the entire equation of how someone's credit profile is measured. I beleive the freedom card is geared towards the bottom - the entry level card.

The Amex charge cards and Delta are easier to get, doesnt mean they are geared towards people with lesser credit.

Charge cards vs credit cards - EDIT: except for delta.

I completely agree, but its still the same Amex "only prime lender because they dont give their cards to just anyone" that issues them

Sorry for arguing with you just that I have cards from every major issuer and Chase is by far my fave so I like to defend them. Smiley Happy

That's awesome. That's my goal.  Have I mentioned that I'd sacrifice my pinkie finger for a Diner's Club?

Message 81 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't. How do you plan on making promises after that?
Message 82 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a Diner's Club 35 years ago. Never used it. Only got it so I could say I had one.

Message 83 of 87
vikingred
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I wouldn't. How do you plan on making promises after that?

I gots another pinky for that!  Man I swear, I want that DC worse than a Ritz Carlton, or anything else.  I've tried every possible way to snake my way in the backdoor too, social media, email execs, calling corporate services, trying to get one for my business.  Hell I even begged, and swore I wouldn't tell a soul if they gave me one.  Asked them to just pull a manual CR and do it over the phone.  NOPE.  I used all my powers and all my skills and it just ain't happening.  And I tell you what, it really feels like it very well could be over with.  I mean, I heard no hope at all in any of my talks and correspondence.  NONE.  I guess that's why I want one so bad.  That and other things.  But, yeah.  At least first digit of right pinky finger for a DC with a 40k limit.  I'd make that deal right now.  Smiley Surprised

Message 84 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a Diner's Club 35 years ago. Never used it. Only got it so I could say I had one.

Got my first Diners Club Charge Card in 1973. So you are old too Smiley Wink

Message 85 of 87
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Got my first Diners Club Charge Card in 1973. So you are old too Smiley Wink

Yes, I am. It's a good thing Amex does backdating because my file looks pretty silly with my oldest card at only 7 years. Smiley LOL

Message 86 of 87
One7
Valued Contributor

@vikingred wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

@One7 wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

In the sense of AMEX not granting credit to anyone unles your credit is fairly good. If you don't qualify for a "prime" level product then you don't qualify at all.

Chase.Citi,Cap One, Barclays have products that are geared towards those with "sub-prime" level credit ratings but there are "prime" lendors

Many people have gotten in with Amex with mid 600 scores. Just out of curiosity which Chase card is geard towards bad or subpar credit?

Scores are not the entire equation of how someone's credit profile is measured. I beleive the freedom card is geared towards the bottom - the entry level card.

The Amex charge cards and Delta are easier to get, doesnt mean they are geared towards people with lesser credit.

Charge cards vs credit cards - EDIT: except for delta.

I completely agree, but its still the same Amex "only prime lender because they dont give their cards to just anyone" that issues them

Sorry for arguing with you just that I have cards from every major issuer and Chase is by far my fave so I like to defend them. Smiley Happy

That's awesome. That's my goal.  Have I mentioned that I'd sacrifice my pinkie finger for a Diner's Club?

Haha wow that's tough! I'm sure soon enough they will open the doors and you'll have one. Took me about two years to finally get them all and believe it or not Wells Fargo was the hardest. Had to go as far as opening an account there to have a relationship with them just to get the Propel card i wanted from them. Good luck with your Diners endeavor 

EX 810 EQ 805 TU 792 Diners WEMC 15k Chase United Club VS 15k | Hyatt VS 25k | Ritz VI 5k | Frdm VS 6k | CSP VS 5k | Mariott VS 6k | Amzn VS 16k Citi ExecAA WEMC 18k | TYP VS 7k | Costco VS 9k | Hilton Reserve VS 6k | Best Buy Visa 5k BofA Travel VS 30k | Cash VS 41k | Merrill+ VS 46k Barclay Rwds WMC 6k | Hawaiin WEMC 10k | JetBlue WEMC 8k | Aviator S WEMC 6k Amex Plat: NPSL | BCP 8k | SPG 3k WF Rwds VS 9k | Propel World Amex 25k | Dillards Amex 2k BBVA NBA Amex 10k Cap1 GM WEMC 8k | QS Visa 3k | Saks WEMC 9k NASA 30k Discover It 7k | US Bank Cash+ VS 15k | Flex Perks VS 20k ||| Total Rwds VS 12k | SG Rwds 11k | Walmrt MC 8k | Lowes 17k | Bowflex 9k | J Deere 15k | TJ Max 4k | Care 15k | HDepot 20k | Amzn 5k | PPal Extras 8k | Chvron 10k | Macys 15k | JCrew 18k | Marvel 8k | Stash VS 8k | Cabelas 10k | Statefarm 12k | Nordstrom Visa 10k \\\\Gardening since January////
Message 87 of 87
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.