Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime level Cap1 CC's.......

tag
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Prime level Cap1 CC's.......

Since the addition of the "CL request button" on the Cap1 web site, has any1 attempted & received a large CLI on a prime level card?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Prime level Cap1 CC's.......

I used it, got useless responses three times (can't find credit record, using my UK address) so in the end I had to contact EO.  So not quite a success, but it might have worked had the data not been bad!

Message 2 of 5
L-TWT
Established Contributor

I see, because when i read through the FAQ's tab, they (being Cap1) state that they are a conservative lender!!!!!Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@L-TWT wrote:

I see, because when i read through the FAQ's tab, they (being Cap1) state that they are a conservative lender!!!!!Smiley Surprised

Well, they are a bit strange.   They are far from conservative at the initial app, they often grant credit to those that are rejected by all other reasonable lenders (e.g. not FP or Credit One).

The many complaints begin after that.  They have given you a card and they see no need to give you a CLI even though your finances have improved greatly.  So people want to be rewarded for their efforts (or just time passing!) and Capital One usually don't.

For other types of profile, they can be generous with their initial CLs.  I have two Cap One cards, the initial CLs were $15K (1999) and $30K(2005).   Which was nice.  But they didn't get CLIs either till I finally asked the EO this year!

So they are conservative with existing card holders in the main, with the EO providing an override for many.

Message 4 of 5
L-TWT
Established Contributor

Thx, that was informative...so now if i so happen to get the urge i now know not to waste me time!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.