Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primecards

tag
Trigga
Regular Contributor

Primecards

What score is needed for  "Primecards" . Yes i know what is in the report will be a big part of this factor also . But im just looking for a FICO score range where people feel comfortable useing INQs on such cards . 

PS,  im gardening atm but would like to know anyway Smiley LOL

WalMart 5k , Amazon 3.5k,Chase Freedom 1.5k , Citi TY 2k, Discover IT1.1k, HomeDepot 2.8k , Chase Slate1.5k , BofA cash rewards 1.5k, Lowes 12k , Kay Jewelers 3k , Gardening until 2015!
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Re: Primecards

it varys by bank. i got an amex and chase with a 680 and some baddies..it all depends

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Trigga wrote:

What score is needed for  "Primecards" . Yes i know what is in the report will be a big part of this factor also . But im just looking for a FICO score range where people feel comfortable useing INQs on such cards . 

PS,  im gardening atm but would like to know anyway Smiley LOL

I have to say the question is too broad and lack of credit history info is going to be difficult to answer...please specify which Prime Cards you are interested in and shed some light on your history plus how many INQ you have on each bureau so that myself and other members can share and relate to your situation Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 17
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

It really varies by card and company...generally, I think you're going to need high 600s at the bare minimum, but really you're likely going to need scores in the 700s to get some of the really desirable cards. 

Photobucket
Message 4 of 17
Trigga
Regular Contributor

Yes i realize it varies stupid question i suppose Smiley Embarassed

But anyway i have a 30 day late 2years ago and also have 1 CO that i sent a PFD for didnt hear anything back yet .

Also my AAoA is almost 1 year oldest CC is 3yrs 8 months old

WalMart 5k , Amazon 3.5k,Chase Freedom 1.5k , Citi TY 2k, Discover IT1.1k, HomeDepot 2.8k , Chase Slate1.5k , BofA cash rewards 1.5k, Lowes 12k , Kay Jewelers 3k , Gardening until 2015!
Message 5 of 17
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Trigga wrote:

But anyway i have a 30 day late 2years ago and also have 1 CO that i sent a PFD for didnt hear anything back yet .

Just so you'll know that for scoring there is no AAoA less than a year. That is built into the system.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Trigga wrote:

No the question is not stupid...I just want you to be able to get realistic answers from your peers Smiley Wink

For general purposes though I'd say you need at least 700 score to qualify for some prime cards...the higher the better chance of approval and better terms 

What prime cards or lenders are you interested in?

Message 7 of 17
Trigga
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Trigga wrote:

No the question is not stupid...I just want you to be able to get realistic answers from your peers Smiley Wink

For general purposes though I'd say you need at least 700 score to qualify for some prime cards...the higher the better chance of approval and better terms 

What prime cards or lenders are you interested in?

Chase Freedom or something similar , but i have a ways to go .

Message 8 of 17
BlueNightStar
Regular Contributor

I'm right there with you Trigga. I'm making myself wait until I am over 700 before I apply for anything considered prime. I really don't want to waste inquiries and/or get really low initial limits. My utilization is still high at 30% so my goal is 700 FICO and 10% utilization before apping. It's hard to wait so I made a list of the cards I want and when I think I will app. Gives me a concrete goal.

Message 9 of 17
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

@Trigga wrote:

Assuming someone has a few subprime cards, is doing everything right after a period of badness and has a gradually rising score, it might go like this:

<650, wasting time and inquiries

650-680, instant approval rare, but maybe via recon with a good story

680-700, decent chance with "relationship" prime cards like usaa, nfcu, local cu

700-720, chances are pretty good, chance of recon excellent with the right card

>720, rejection rare, assuming decent income/dti

>760, rejection rare enough to be newsworthy on this forum

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.