Primecards

tag
Trigga
Regular Contributor

Re: Primecards

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

@Trigga wrote:

Yes i realize it varies stupid question i suppose Smiley Embarassed

But anyway i have a 30 day late 2years ago and also have 1 CO that i sent a PFD for didnt hear anything back yet .

Also my AAoA is almost 1 year oldest CC is 3yrs 8 months old

Assuming someone has a few subprime cards, is doing everything right after a period of badness and has a gradually rising score, it might go like this:

<650, wasting time and inquiries

650-680, instant approval rare, but maybe via recon with a good story

680-700, decent chance with "relationship" prime cards like usaa, nfcu, local cu

700-720, chances are pretty good, chance of recon excellent with the right card

>720, rejection rare, assuming decent income/dti

>760, rejection rare enough to be newsworthy on this forum

Thank you for the post ! I understand what is in the credit report matters as much as the score itself , i was just curious and thanks again .

WalMart 5k , Amazon 3.5k,Chase Freedom 1.5k , Citi TY 2k, Discover IT1.1k, HomeDepot 2.8k , Chase Slate1.5k , BofA cash rewards 1.5k, Lowes 12k , Kay Jewelers 3k , Gardening until 2015!
Message 11 of 17
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

@Trigga wrote:

But anyway i have a 30 day late 2years ago and also have 1 CO that i sent a PFD for didnt hear anything back yet .

Assuming someone has a few subprime cards, is doing everything right after a period of badness and has a gradually rising score, it might go like this:

680-700, decent chance with "relationship" prime cards like usaa, nfcu, local cu

Good informational breakdown.  Wish I would of known this about 8months ago.Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 17
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

@Trigga wrote:

Now the question is... what about for higher-end cards that target mostly upper-prime and superprime applicants? Smiley Happy

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 13 of 17
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Are any cards prime these days? I remember when Chase, BofA, AmEx, Discover were more conservative, now it seems like they are ok with baddies and relatively low scores. I can't believe they issue Chase Freedom Platinum as low as $500. I guess the real prime aspect isn't just the lender but the terms you're awarded upon approval.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mxp114 wrote:

Are any cards prime these days? I remember when Chase, BofA, AmEx, Discover were more conservative, now it seems like they are ok with baddies and relatively low scores. I can't believe they issue Chase Freedom Platinum as low as $500. I guess the real prime aspect isn't just the lender but the terms you're awarded upon approval.

The lenders are responding to the credit trend and trying to profit even if it's with a $500 limit awarded to someone who will carry a balance. They minimize their risk by approving a lot of people with ok scores in hopes of turning a profit for themselves and their shareholders. 

Message 15 of 17
Gollum
Established Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

Now the question is... what about for higher-end cards that target mostly upper-prime and superprime applicants? Smiley Happy

Simmons First Visa Platinum (7.25% variable APR)

or

Simmons First Visa Platinum Rewards (9.25% variable APR)

Simmons First apparently is very selective, though.  Someone with good-looking scores and credit limits posted (September 12, 2009) to this board that he/she was declined for having too much available credit and too many inquiries (two).

Here's a link for that post to this board:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/simmons-first-visa-platinum-credit-card/m-p/571862#M181...

or

To read the post to this board, search (upper right corner of this window) this board for

simmons first too much available credit

The post is Message 34 in that thread.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 16 of 17
anderl
Frequent Contributor

+1

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.