Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primeville?

tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Primeville?

To me prime it also has a lot to do with the limit.

I see people on here getting approved for a Chase Freedom with a $500 limit, to me that is not prime. Whereas the Chase Freedom with a $5,000 limit would be prime.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 21 of 67
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

I see people on here getting approved for a Chase Freedom with a $500 limit, to me that is not prime. Whereas the Chase Freedom with a $5,000 limit would be prime.

I'd consider the Freedom to be a prime card no matter the limit.

However, I'd consider the borrower as a subprime borrower if their Freedom CL is only 500$

Message 22 of 67
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@ccnewcc wrote:

+1

The AF thing is really important.  I know some ppl try to justify the AF by saying if the rewards will make back the AF.

Make Back?!  Really??

If there wasn't an AF to begin with, then you would have even Moreee rewards left over.

But I can see their aruguments, I just don't belive its worth it.

So IMO, prime MUST, and I mean MUST not have any AF.

This is exactly how I feel. I am not someone who likes paying for something if I could have gotten it for free. For people who travel, the cards with an annual fee may be worth it if it gives you certain things for traveling. I use cards strictly for cashback, and would never pay an annual fee to be able to use a card. There are too many cards out their without fees to tolerate one with it.

When I had no credit American Express kept offering me the Zync, and back then ( 2 years ago), the annual fee was not waived. I also got multiple offers from Capital One and First Primier. I am glad I did not accept them because I got cards anyway, and I would have the dilema of not wanting to pay the fee, and not wanting to lose the tradeline.

Message 23 of 67
HiLine
Blogger

What, do we consider a Chase Freedom with a low credit limit and a Chase Freedom with a high credit limit 2 different cards now?

Message 24 of 67
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@ccnewcc wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

I'd consider the Freedom to be a prime card no matter the limit.

However, I'd consider the borrower as a subprime borrower if their Freedom CL is only 500$

But then, if they were a subprime borrower. Wouldn't they be getting a subprime card? Thus that $500 limit card is sub-prime.

Banks also offer certain promotions to only certain clients. As in, a prime borrowers may get the no interest APR, whereas the a sub-prime borrower would not. Thus making the product they are getting sub-prime.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 25 of 67
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

What, do we consider a Chase Freedom with a low credit limit and a Chase Freedom with a high credit limit 2 different cards now?

I wouldn't say two different cards, but a freedom with a $500 limit is very different than say, a freedom siggy with a $5000 limit....It is like the zync NPSL vs the zync with a $200/$500 hard limit...

Message 26 of 67
HiLine
Blogger

@ccnewcc wrote:

@Brian_Trying_700 wrote:

No AF with rewards. Great customer service is a major+

+1

The AF thing is really important.  I know some ppl try to justify the AF by saying if the rewards will make back the AF.

Make Back?!  Really??

If there wasn't an AF to begin with, then you would have even Moreee rewards left over.

Suppose I pay a $50 annual fee to get 3% extra cash back on grocery purchases, and my annual grocery budget is $5,000, I'd net $100 by maintaing this card. So it's worth it.

Message 27 of 67
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

Same card, but to me it is not prime until their credit becomes prime and they get a CLI.

Just an opinion, I hope some get what I am saying.

Message 28 of 67
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

I wouldn't say two different cards, but a freedom with a $500 limit is very different than say, a freedom siggy with a $5000 limit....It is like the zync NPSL vs the zync with a $200/$500 hard limit...

Thanks, at least you get what I am saying Smiley Happy

Very good example with the zync.

Message 29 of 67
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@ccnewcc wrote:

+1

Make Back?!  Really??

This is exactly how I feel. I am not someone who likes paying for something if I could have gotten it for free. For people who travel, the cards with an annual fee may be worth it if it gives you certain things for traveling. I use cards strictly for cashback, and would never pay an annual fee to be able to use a card. There are too many cards out their without fees to tolerate one with it.

When I had no credit American Express kept offering me the Zync, and back then ( 2 years ago), the annual fee was not waived. I also got multiple offers from Capital One and First Primier. I am glad I did not accept them because I got cards anyway, and I would have the dilema of not wanting to pay the fee, and not wanting to lose the tradeline.

I agree.  You're right on point.

- Cards used for travel with AFs that may get you lounge access might be worth it.  Cuz you have to pay to access the lounges anyway.

- Cash Back cards are the way too go.  Points are too confusing for me.  And no way would I ever pay a AF for a Cash Back card.  Pay Cash to get Cash, no thanks.  

Message 30 of 67
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.