Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Valued Contributor

Primeville?

what banks or cards do you consider to be prime? i think i am sitting good in prime ville right now. 

In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
Super Contributor

Re: Primeville?

I would say...

Amex, Citi, Chase, some BoA Products I guess, but I've heard bad things about them Smiley Tongue

Also...a few cap1 cards I would consider prime Smiley Very Happy 

Prime is really in the wallet of the beholder though xD

Senior Contributor

Discover tooo!!!:-D even Barclay's!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Super Contributor

youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Discover tooo!!!:-D even Barclay's!

Ooo, I didn't even think about Barclays Smiley Tongue 

I'm still iffy on discover, that .25% till $3,000 spend pisses me off, even if it isn't really that big of a difference. I guess it is good for rotating categories, but that is about it, on regular spending my cap1 earns more cash back, even my paypal smart connect earns more cash back on regular spending Smiley Tongue 

Valued Contributor

so it seems like most people consider the same cards prime. i think some banks are much better then ohters. 

In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
Established Contributor

Is barclays really a prime card??? Just curious

Starting Score: TU: 481 12/30/2015 EQ:561 12/30/2015 EX:532 12/30/2015 (MYFICOS) BK FILED: 09/2015 DISCHARGED 12/2015 -- 08/21/2016 TU:595 EQ: 623 EX: 610
NFCU cashRewards:$500 CreditOne:$300 Merrick:$600 Milestone:$300 Cabelas:$1000 JCrew:$250 Overstock:$250 PaypalCredit:$1050
Senior Contributor

Oh no! Lol I hate Discover's cash back (I'm sure someone's gonna chime in and be sarcastic at this point LOL)....

But they are darn hard to get approved for hahaha! I just used my motiva for a small bal xfer. Haha

Barclay's is pretty prime...sure they do well with recons, but overall...imo, they are prime.... I mean a $6500 limit for Travelocity Amex (my only Barclay's acct) seems prime to me hahha:-p
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Contributor

What constitutes "Prime"? I know that I had the Chase SW card for > 5yrs, and never got more than $1k CL. No CLI, auto or self-requested (with hard pull). Even got CLD'd a few years back. Closed it and reallocated the CL to Freedom. To me, the SW card wasn't prime, although it was Chase and a decent product otherwise. The criteria has to include CLI's, customer service, and CL's for "prime" designation.

One thing to keep in mind with discover is it's pretty useless as a true CB type of card. As mentioned, the 0.25% is laughable. Where Discover shines for me is with Shop Discover, where I have earned pretty good CB over the past few months. Also, the 5% CB categories - when they're not exactly the same as the Chase Freedom Smiley Tongue in which case Freedom wins since I have checking account for 10/10 bonus. Since the 5% CB segments, and the Shop Discover charges don't count towards the $3k annual to get 1% cashback, I hope that I never do get the 1% CB.

Established Contributor

This question keeps popping up and the answers vary from person to person.  There's alot that goes into this one...

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Regular Contributor

migliogiorni wrote:

This question keeps popping up and the answers vary from person to person.  There's alot that goes into this one...

+1.  I would consider my paypal card to be "prime" for me.  But it may not be for someone else.  The points would out to be 2.5% cash back on gasoline, which is great in my opinion.  It fits my needs perfectly.

Last Hard Pull 05/24/2013

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: AmEx EX: 700 Walmart TU: 711 EQ: 699
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 740!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.