Pro tip: Meeting spend requirements for CSR

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Pro tip: Meeting spend requirements for CSR

@longtimelurker wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@rlx01 wrote:
Chase doesn't even cycle the CVC when doing product changes.

When I PC'ed a CSP to a FU, a new card came with identical number/exp/CVC. The old CSP cards still work. Same for AUs.

This is untrue in my case at least.. I PC'ed Freedom to FU and got a new CVC along with Exp date.

Isn't the CVC a function of card number, exp date and issuer?   So I guess they didn't change the exp date for rlx01, did for CC, hence the difference.   CreditCuriosity, was the old card near expiration when you PC'd?

About 9 months out on both I PC'ed actually..  First one was Freedom to FU and other was CSP to CSR and changed for both being expiration along with CVC.  Your theory certainly could be true LTL on how it all works. 

Message 11 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

My CSP is still a live card post-PC; different CVV and expiration date but clearly still tied to the account.

Chase warned me on that, sorta tempted to keep it as a backup card but I'll probably get it whacked next time I'm at a Chase branch (4 blocks away, i.e. whenever I stop being lazy).  Rewards package changed as soon as the PC was reflected in the online account, and transactions in the interim period waiting for the CSR, all got the CSR bonus.

        
Message 12 of 19
redpat
Senior Contributor

Pro tip, lol!

Here's one, be honest.......

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 13 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@redpat wrote:

Pro tip, lol!

Not sure that really counts as a "pro" tip!

Message 14 of 19
redpat
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Pro tip, lol!

My bad, it isn't....How about "Elder" tip!

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 15 of 19
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

CV3 is the same for Chase AU cards.
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@redpat wrote:

Pro tip, lol!

It was a joke haha. Just wanted to save others $75. 

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting that this works.  I would of thought Chase would remove the AU name from their system when you cancelled causing a name mis-match when using the card after cancellation.  You say this has been working ... have you made an online purchase with the "expired" AU or just card present transactions?

Both work. I've used it online and in person.

Chase reps ask the primary cardholder to destroy the card or send it to them to destroy it after you cancel an AU. They also advise that the card still works, so I was surprised by that. 

It sort of makes sense.  Isn't the justification for the AF for the AU that the AU can get Priority Pass for themselves?  Obviosuly there is no separate $300 travel credit etc, so without PP it's similar (with 3x rather than 2x) having an AU on the CSP which is free.

So, if so, the real test would be whether the expired AUs are able to apply for or keep PP membership.

I got my priority pass membership. Applied before canceling AU. Need to check if it still works. My guess is that it does.

Do find out for sure and let us know!

I will try to. I used to travel from LAX to SFO, but go from ONT to OAK now due to less traffic. 

Message 18 of 19
noobody
Established Contributor

Commit a potential fraud for merely $75, I would not do it.
at least it unethical.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.