Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Discover reporting.

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Problem with Discover reporting.

Not sure if its just me or this seems to be a problem with Discover, since I remember reading something similar to this.

My discover has yet to update to the CRAs for the past 2 months. Been paid off, but its still reporting the balance from early July. Problem is that balance is 95% of my CL, so its the only ugly thing on my CR now.

Does anyone else has this issue with discover?

If I am to call them to have them correct this issue, how long does it usually take, and would they report the current balance, or most recent statement balance?

Thanks in advance!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
JonStur
Established Contributor

Re: Problem with Discover reporting.

@enharu wrote:
Not sure if its just me or this seems to be a problem with Discover, since I remember reading something similar to this.

My discover has yet to update to the CRAs for the past 2 months. Been paid off, but its still reporting the balance from early July. Problem is that balance is 95% of my CL, so its the only ugly thing on my CR now.

Does anyone else has this issue with discover?

If I am to call them to have them correct this issue, how long does it usually take, and would they report the current balance, or most recent statement balance?

Thanks in advance!

Don't know why that happens sometimes. Just checked and they are up to date on mine. It definitely doesn't hurt to call and their CSRs are generally nice and maybe they can help you. Unfortunately the law states that creditors aren't required to update every month, only that whenever they do it must be accurate; so it would be the last statement balance...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 2 of 10
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

I'm having the same problem right now with them.....

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 3 of 10
PhoenixDown
New Contributor

I'm happy about this as I have a balance right now they aren't showing Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Discover is SUCH a slow reporter lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, this is very common.  Now, if you have any account updates/changes to your Discover profile, then that may generate a quicker update (mid-cycle).  But, on an ongoing basis, they are sporadic with their reporting.

Message 6 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It happened to me earlier this month. I called and requested a mid-cycle report. My CR's were updated within 2-3 business days -Ex-EQ pulling up the rear TU about 5 days later.

Also, it did not report the statement balance but the current balance.
Message 7 of 10
zerobacan
Established Contributor

I have the same issue I got my cl increased to 5k ftom 1.7 and it is not updated yet
Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 8 of 10
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@zerobacan wrote:
I have the same issue I got my cl increased to 5k ftom 1.7 and it is not updated yet

Yes, Discover almost never reports the month after giving a CL. I don't know why. But they're ALWAYS very good about honoring requests for mid-cycle reports. So any time they don't report when you need them to, just drop an email or call them and your problem will be over in a couple of days.

Message 9 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

Ah I see. Thanks a lot!

So they are pretty easy going with updating with the bureaus if I ask for it? I have some new balances on it right now that I just paid off, so I will call them after the payment is posted I suppose.

Thanks a lot once again!
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.