Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problemabout the macys card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problemabout the macys card

Hi, guys I have a macys card and havn't used it for about 2 years. I went to macys yesterday  and want to buy something, but the cashier told be the card has been blocked and there is 200 dollars balance I need to pay. It's so weird because I havn't use it for two years and I always paid immediately after I purchased something.

I called the customer services to ask the statement. They asked me to verivy this account. But, I found that all their information is not mine except my name. The DOB doesn't match, the SSN doesn't match, the # of DL doesn't match, even DOB doesn't match.

Then, I checked my credit record and found this card is in my credit  history since 2008. But the last active is 6/2010 and the last report is 10/2010, the balance shows $0. It seems the card has been cancelled and not belongs to me anymore since then. I'm still in a high credit score.

What I should do next? The Macy's CS said I need to fax them my SSN and DL, but I don't want to do that because I don't think I spend that money. It must be a scammer! If I give them my information, the unpaid money will definitely affect my credit.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
sunshine7157
Regular Contributor

Re: Problemabout the macys card

I don't think you have to worry too much. This account information has been reported correctly to the credit bureaus via your ss#. There is obviously some kind of internal mix-up on their end & I'm certain that by asking for your ss# and dl, they are just trying to verify that you are NOT the person to whom this account was issued.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your comments. But I think they told me they will help me to modify the account information if I fax them my files.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, guys I have a macys card and havn't used it for about 2 years. I went to macys yesterday  and want to buy something, but the cashier told be the card has been blocked and there is 200 dollars balance I need to pay. It's so weird because I havn't use it for two years and I always paid immediately after I purchased something.

I called the customer services to ask the statement. They asked me to verivy this account. But, I found that all their information is not mine except my name. The DOB doesn't match, the SSN doesn't match, the # of DL doesn't match, even DOB doesn't match.

Then, I checked my credit record and found this card is in my credit  history since 2008. But the last active is 6/2010 and the last report is 10/2010, the balance shows $0. It seems the card has been cancelled and not belongs to me anymore since then. I'm still in a high credit score.

What I should do next? The Macy's CS said I need to fax them my SSN and DL, but I don't want to do that because I don't think I spend that money. It must be a scammer! If I give them my information, the unpaid money will definitely affect my credit.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

UGH Macy's (citi) Sometimes I just picture reps sitting in front of a IBM Floppy Drive Personal Computer (you know back in the 80's)

While I don't totally think it's fraud that if you sent in your information all of a suddent they would report to your credit report a $200 Charge off or something, I still wouldn't want to risk it... I mean how does the information on this account change from you to somebody completely different with no bad reporting, no use since 2010, etc.  Clearly you opened a card and the info was correct and it's still correct on your credit report so I'm sorry but Macy's you need to find this information in your own computer...

Im not sending you more personal documents then I did when I applied and with more than what's on my credit report.

I don't understand how they are able to match up your "good" account with this supposed bad account with only a name... if it pulls up, it seems to me on another screen or something the correct information is somewhere! Why can't they find it.

If truly the only correct information now is your name... I don't see how they would access the account just with that.. Many people have same name in the country and are not related.

Id call back and use back door numbers and work your way up the food chain.... but if you can't get someone that really can dig and get real info I would write in and until someone can prove to me that I do have a $0 balance and the info got changed at such and such date and time and how that happened and what and where those purchases happened, etc.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.