Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using my Chase Freedom when shopping online

tag
MonkeyBelly
Regular Contributor

Problems using my Chase Freedom when shopping online

I am a frequent online shopper. My Chase Freedom is my card of choice and it is never anywhere near my spending limit. However, about 1/3 of the time when I try to use my CF, it is declined at major online retailers. It's happend twice in the past week; it happened to me today while my card utilization was at 2%. While it's no big deal (I have other cards I can use), I would prefer to use my CF as my default card and find it frustrating when I cannot. 

I contacted Chase four times to try to get this resolved, and the front line service (phone and online) can offer no help whatsoever other than saying there may be "occasional techincal difficulties" or "infrequent issues" and telling me to call Chase for assistance when the card is declined (this is so unrealistic that I don't even know where to begin).

Any suggestions on who to contact to get this properly resolved? Has anyone had a similar experience, and what did you do to resolve it?

Starting myFICOs 2013
TU:664 March --> 726 May 25
EQ: 687 on March 6 --> 772 May 25
USAA EX (FAKO): 701 March 27 --> 768 May 26
Original goal (720+ across the board) achieved!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MonkeyBelly
Regular Contributor

Re: Problems using my Chase Freedom when shopping online

...anyone?

Starting myFICOs 2013
TU:664 March --> 726 May 25
EQ: 687 on March 6 --> 772 May 25
USAA EX (FAKO): 701 March 27 --> 768 May 26
Original goal (720+ across the board) achieved!
Message 2 of 3
minipoly1
Contributor

Re: Problems using my Chase Freedom when shopping online

So it's only happen online? Are you sure your address is not blocked or blacklisted because of previous fraud action? Some sites like Uniqlo, Adidas and Beat are very sensitive. They used the same 3rd party payment gateway (CyberSource)

Amex BCE $17,600 | CSP $6,200 | PayPal Extras MC $3,000 | Discover $3,000 | BofA $3,000
Last app: Oct 1, 2013. No app until 2015 or new credit card with big bonus introduced.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.