Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process for Axing a Card - FP

tag
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

Re: Process for Axing a Card - FP

What if you have a credit balance remaining when you  close the account? Will they keep that or refund it? Only asking because when I finally do close the account I plan on overpaying a little just  so all bases are covered and no surprise monthly charges appear after the account gets closed..

Message 11 of 13
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

I would ask them to provide an exact pay off amount, they have to refund the money but if they provide the exact payoff with accured interest it should be 0

Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FicoScore626 wrote:

What if you have a credit balance remaining when you  close the account? Will they keep that or refund it? Only asking because when I finally do close the account I plan on overpaying a little just  so all bases are covered and no surprise monthly charges appear after the account gets closed..

They will send you a check. I had a $6.00 credit when I called to close mine, and I got the check 3 weeks later. Not sure why all the drama of closing an FP card...no different than any other card.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.