Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Change AmEx PR Gold Card Options

tag
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

Product Change AmEx PR Gold Card Options

DGF is wanting to do a PC from her PR Gold before the AF hits in June so I did a SM message to American Express and if anyone was curious this was the list of cards they replied with.

You can change your current Card products to following Card products

-Gold Rewards Plus
-American Express Gold Card
-American Express Traditional Gold card
-Platinum Card
-Senior Gold Card
-Senior Card
-American Traditional Green Card
-American Express Green Card
-Zync From American Express
-Platinum Card From American Express For Mercedes-Benz

If you wish to change your Card product to any of the above mentioned Card products, please reply to this email and we will be glad to process your request.

Quite a few of these I have never heard such as the senior card of nor do I know the difference between the Green and Traditional Green. Just wanted to post in case anyone was curious on doing a PC as well as maybe getting some feedback on the different cards (Gold Rewards Plus verus the Premier Rewards Gold).

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Product Change AmEx PR Gold Card Options

What are

-Senior Gold Card
-Senior Card

Never heard of them. I also though the plus was replaced by the PR gold.

Message 2 of 6
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What are

-Senior Gold Card
-Senior Card

I was also under the impression that rewards plus was replaced by the PR Gold.

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 3 of 6
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@Smerri1029 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What are

-Senior Gold Card
-Senior Card

I was also under the impression that rewards plus was replaced by the PR Gold.

I still have a Rewards Plus Gold Card. They renewed it on 12/27/11.  Maybe it is only for existing cardmembers?

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 4 of 6
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What are

-Senior Gold Card
-Senior Card

Well what do you know..... 

http://www.creditcardassist.com/blog/american-express-senior-gold-card-with-senior-specific-perks-2607/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/money/a-gold-card-seniors-golden-years-article-1.473170

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I PCed my Starwood card last month I was given the option to change to the old Blue Cash. There seem to be cards that are not currently accepting new applications but are available as part of a PC.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.