Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Change and Reporting?

tag
Newtocredit94
Established Member

Product Change and Reporting?

Hi, All.

I have not posted in a while in order to avoid the temptation to leave the garden. Smiley Happy I recently noticed that my credit account with 1FBUSA, is eligible to be "upgraded" to a platinum account. I called in and spoke with a Representative who stated that in order to complete my request, she would need to create a new account (without a HP, of course) while closing my current account. Long story short, I used the Secure Mail feature to speak to someone else who replied:"If you upgrade to a Platinum credit card, 1st Financial Bank must set up a new account with a new credit card number; however, on your credit report it would be reported as an account transfer. All of your account information would transfer to the new account from the old account. If you wish to upgrade to a Platinum credit card, please contact Customer Service by telephone or send another secure message."

Can anyone shed any light on what she means by "reported as an account transfer"? Is this typical of the product change process? I always assumed that it was more straightforward than this... I'm beginning to think that I may just keep the account as it is, and perhaps plan an app in the future with another lender. 

1FBUSA- $2,750 ($250.00 starting limit)
Discover It- Student (4K starting limit)
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.