Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,413
Registered: ‎04-18-2008
0

Product Change experiences with Citi

I'm looking to change from my Platinum Select MC to an Amex. I've never used the card and I've had it since June of '09. I'm interested in anyone's experiences with Citi in terms of product changes, if they require and hard pulls, scores, etc. Any input would be very much appreciated.
Epic Contributor
Posts: 24,351
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Product Change experiences with Citi

no if it's available they will do it. the system will only allow certain cards though.
Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 705 Sync, EX 700 (04/20/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
83 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,279
Registered: ‎08-03-2007
0

Re: Product Change experiences with Citi

I've PC'd twice with Citi and have never had issues with it. The CSR's knew what it was, and completed it with no issues at all whatsoever.
Here we go again...
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 326
Registered: ‎10-20-2008
0

Re: Product Change experiences with Citi

It was easy.  Have their website pulled up on your computer screen when you call.  Know what you would like to change it to.  Tell the CSR you would like to do a product change from the card you have to the card you want, and you want to keep your history and the same account number.  As mentioned above you can not change everything to anything.  Ask for what you want, if the CSR says you can not convert your card to that card, ask what cards can I convert to?  Thats why you have their web page up on your screen incase you need to do a quick look at a couple of other cards that they tell you are the ones you can convert to.  There was no hard pull when I did it.  I don't think there ever is on a product change.
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,670
Registered: ‎01-10-2008
0

Re: Product Change experiences with Citi


manyquestions wrote:
It was easy.  Have their website pulled up on your computer screen when you call.  Know what you would like to change it to.  Tell the CSR you would like to do a product change from the card you have to the card you want, and you want to keep your history and the same account number.  As mentioned above you can not change everything to anything.  Ask for what you want, if the CSR says you can not convert your card to that card, ask what cards can I convert to?  Thats why you have their web page up on your screen incase you need to do a quick look at a couple of other cards that they tell you are the ones you can convert to.  There was no hard pull when I did it.  I don't think there ever is on a product change. 

I tried for a PC platinum to forward a few days ago and was told my card is ineligible for PC to ANYTHING at this time.  good to hear it is still possible for some accts.

 

 

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: Product Change experiences with Citi


score_building wrote:

manyquestions wrote:
It was easy.  Have their website pulled up on your computer screen when you call.  Know what you would like to change it to.  Tell the CSR you would like to do a product change from the card you have to the card you want, and you want to keep your history and the same account number.  As mentioned above you can not change everything to anything.  Ask for what you want, if the CSR says you can not convert your card to that card, ask what cards can I convert to?  Thats why you have their web page up on your screen incase you need to do a quick look at a couple of other cards that they tell you are the ones you can convert to.  There was no hard pull when I did it.  I don't think there ever is on a product change. 

I tried for a PC platinum to forward a few days ago and was told my card is ineligible for PC to ANYTHING at this time.  good to hear it is still possible for some accts.

 


Was this a converted Providan -> WaMu account?

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,670
Registered: ‎01-10-2008
0

Re: Product Change experiences with Citi

 

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

score_building wrote:

manyquestions wrote:
It was easy.  Have their website pulled up on your computer screen when you call.  Know what you would like to change it to.  Tell the CSR you would like to do a product change from the card you have to the card you want, and you want to keep your history and the same account number.  As mentioned above you can not change everything to anything.  Ask for what you want, if the CSR says you can not convert your card to that card, ask what cards can I convert to?  Thats why you have their web page up on your screen incase you need to do a quick look at a couple of other cards that they tell you are the ones you can convert to.  There was no hard pull when I did it.  I don't think there ever is on a product change. 

I tried for a PC platinum to forward a few days ago and was told my card is ineligible for PC to ANYTHING at this time.  good to hear it is still possible for some accts.

 


Was this a converted Providan -> WaMu account?


 

 citi plat >>>citi forward

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Product Change experiences with Citi


Creditaddict wrote:
no if it's available they will do it. the system will only allow certain cards though.

--the Sears MC being one of them. It can't be PC'd for love nor money. Heaven knows, I tried.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,413
Registered: ‎04-18-2008
0

Re: Product Change experiences with Citi

All I want is the stupid AMEX without having an AMEX! I'm reluctant to try for fear of AA, but my current MC is basically a joke--bad limit, high rate, hence it never leaving the envelope in which they sent it. I don't want to risk an AA on my other Citi account: my Home Depot card. That card I've had since I bought my house in 2008 and I get an increase every 3 months. I could set my watch to it. It has a decent limit now and I really don't want to risk it. If a product change is really no big deal, I'm all in. Thanks for the responses, keep 'em coming!

Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,923
Registered: ‎04-19-2009
0

Re: Product Change experiences with Citi

OP -

 

Why don't you app for a BofA Amex if you really want one. They're not that hard to get.

 

I also don't understand the point of having a CC you're so afraid to use you won't take it out of the envelope. As far as Citi is concerned disuse is as good a reason as any for AA.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.