Did you mean: 

Product Change from Slate to Freedom -- very easy/BofA uses TU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Product Change from Slate to Freedom -- very easy/BofA uses TU

MagicShot,

Have you tried recently?  

I was finally able to change my Chase Flexible Rewards MasterCard (which used to be a WaMu card) to a Freedom MasterCard over the phone just 2 weeks ago.

I was in the same boat-  I started with a $4500CL with WaMu, which went to a $500CL with 29% APR the minute Chase took it over.  I called when it happened and they wouldn't do anything to help me.

I hadn't used the card since then, and it's been almost 2 years.  I was worried it would be closed for inactivity and it's my oldest card.  Two weeks ago I finally called and asked again, and they did it right then and there.  No hard pull, no questions.  I had a choice between the Freedom or Sapphire.  I then asked if I could talk to someone who could actually help me with getting a CLI, and they transferred me to a woman who was able to bump it up to $2500 without a hard pull.

I think it's worth another call.

Good luck!

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

MagicShot,

Have you tried recently?  

I was finally able to change my Chase Flexible Rewards MasterCard (which used to be a WaMu card) to a Freedom MasterCard over the phone just 2 weeks ago.

I was in the same boat-  I started with a $4500CL with WaMu, which went to a $500CL with 29% APR the minute Chase took it over.  I called when it happened and they wouldn't do anything to help me.

I hadn't used the card since then, and it's been almost 2 years.  I was worried it would be closed for inactivity and it's my oldest card.  Two weeks ago I finally called and asked again, and they did it right then and there.  No hard pull, no questions.  I had a choice between the Freedom or Sapphire.  I then asked if I could talk to someone who could actually help me with getting a CLI, and they transferred me to a woman who was able to bump it up to $2500 without a hard pull.

I think it's worth another call.

Good luck!

What are your scores?

Message 12 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What are your scores?

FICO

Equifax (myFico) on 8/4/2011:  766

FAKO

Experian (PLUS 330-830) on 6/25/2011:  748

TransUnion (CreditKarma) on 8/3/2011:  765

Message 13 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MagicShot wrote:
My Chase card was brought over from MaMu and it has decreased in CL and they wont convert it either. its been 3 years since they took MaMu assets and still they treet me and my DW like crap.

I have had similar bad experience with Chase concerning my ex-wamu now chase slate card. My interest rate is also 28.24% pretty high.... I too keep it around because it is my oldest card. Although I havent tried in the past couple of months, I was told no when I tried to do a product change and asked to lower my APR.

Message 14 of 30
MagicShot
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What are your scores?

FICO

FAKO

What number did you call?

I'll prolly wait till my scores rebound from new CCs added but would like to have it hady so I can call after a while once my scores are back in the mid 700s again.

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What are your scores?

FICO

FAKO

Thanks. I have a Chamudian that used to have a $13K limit, now a fairly useless $2K card. My scores are a tad lower, though, if it matters to them.

Message 16 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MagicShot wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

What are your scores?

FICO

FAKO

What number did you call?

I'll prolly wait till my scores rebound from new CCs added but would like to have it hady so I can call after a while once my scores are back in the mid 700s again.

I called the number on the back of the card.  My original intent was to get a CLI and lower rate.

First call- I spent 10 minutes with the CSR who "understands" and "is very sorry to hear that".  I finally asked to talk to someone who could actually help me, and he transferred me.  The woman who answered was able to bump up my limit w/o a hard pull, but said she couldnt do anything about the interest.  I thanked her and hung up.

Immediately after, I called the number on the card again, and asked for a PC.  They said the card could be turned into Freedom or Sapphire.  I don't know if it was related to the recent CLI or not, but they let me do it. 

Message 17 of 30
MagicShot
Contributor

What is better? Freedom or Sapphire

Message 18 of 30
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

Freedom is good for cash back in certain rotating categories, kinda like the Discover More. Sapphire is better for travel rewards, similar to AmEx membership rewards. Go for whichever one you think would be more useful to you.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 30
MagicShot
Contributor

@LTomBerry wrote:

Freedom is good for cash back in certain rotating categories, kinda like the Discover More. Sapphire is better for travel rewards, similar to AmEx membership rewards. Go for whichever one you think would be more useful to you.

Sounds like Freedom because I alreay have 2 trevel reward cards.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.