cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Change to Capital One Quicksilver Card!

tag
jsnlwrnc
Valued Member

Product Change to Capital One Quicksilver Card!

The funniest thing just haappened to me!  So I just saw the Capital One Quicksilver credit card commercial so for fun I called Cap One to see if I'd be able to do a product change. Believe it or not I WAS elgible to product change my plain old HSBC card over to the Quicksilver Cap One card! Im so stoked! to me...its not as rewarding as my BoA cash rewards card but I usually pay the card in full WHEN I use it but this kinda made my day and its nice to have more of a benefit to use it!  Was wondering if anyone else had such luck? How do you like the Quicksilver card?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Product Change to Capital One Quicksilver Card!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 11
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Yes I PC'd my card not that long ago, and I love it. Granted, it's my only card with rewards / benefits for the next 6 months or so, but I really am happy with it now and I use it even more than I did before.

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 3 of 11
jsnlwrnc
Valued Member

Yea im pretty excited. I figured ill use my BoA card for my gas and grocery and use the Cap One for everything else now to get the extra half a point lmao

Message 4 of 11
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@jsnlwrnc wrote:

The funniest thing just haappened to me!  So I just saw the Capital One Quicksilver credit card commercial so for fun I called Cap One to see if I'd be able to do a product change. Believe it or not I WAS elgible to product change my plain old HSBC card over to the Quicksilver Cap One card! Im so stoked! to me...its not as rewarding as my BoA cash rewards card but I usually pay the card in full WHEN I use it but this kinda made my day and its nice to have more of a benefit to use it!  Was wondering if anyone else had such luck? How do you like the Quicksilver card?

Congrats...I PC'd from the Platinum Card and the 1.5% on everything is great and easy!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 5 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@jsnlwrnc wrote:

Congratulations.  Quicksilver really is a very good card, is has a great combination of features:

1) 1.5% on everything

2) No FTF

3) Easiest redemption.  No waiting for a minimum

4) You get the rewards as transactions post, no waiting for a statement to close.

Other cards have some of these, but to me these make it a great "everything else" card.    

Message 6 of 11
phonic
Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@jsnlwrnc wrote:

Congratulations.  Quicksilver really is a very good card, is has a great combination of features:

1) 1.5% on everything

2) No FTF

3) Easiest redemption.  No waiting for a minimum

4) You get the rewards as transactions post, no waiting for a statement to close.

Other cards have some of these, but to me these make it a great "everything else" card.    

Too bad it's issued by Capital One...

Smiley Wink

But in all seriousness, I just got this card from a PC and the only thing I don't like about it is who it's issued by. 

Limits: PRG=NPSL, CSP=$16k, BCP=$30k, DIT=$15k, USAA=$6k, CDW=$12.5k, IHG=$9k, BBY=$2k, BOA=$13k
Message 7 of 11
jsnlwrnc
Valued Member

really haven't had any issues thus far...but of course I dnt really use the card lol

Message 8 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@phonic wrote:

Too bad it's issued by Capital One...

Smiley Wink

But in all seriousness, I just got this card from a PC and the only thing I don't like about it is who it's issued by. 

Well, I like Cap One, but the DESIGN of the card (if it can be called design) is terrible.  Fortunately Cap One allows you to replace the image.

Message 9 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on the long overdue PC!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.