cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Change w/BofA-how long does it take? UPDATE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Product Change with BofA, how long does it really take?

Hmmm....they originally told me I was getting a Mastercard (I know this is right because I had posted about it in another thread) and the new acct # for the new TL reporting on credit reports starts with 4...don't all MC #'s start with a 5? 

This makes me nervous because I had an entire conversation with the CSR about making sure I do not end up with a signature card with no preset spending and her response to me was "Oh no, no, no...blah,blah."  However, from what I can tell the only WorldPoints card on their website is either a Mastercard or a Visa Signature...

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 08-18-2008 07:23 PM
Message 11 of 43
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Yes, Visa starts with 4 and MC with 5.
Message 12 of 43
athensguy
Valued Contributor

However, my now closed BoA was a Platinum Plus Visa with Worldpoints.
Message 13 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

athensguy wrote:
However, my now closed BoA was a Platinum Plus Visa with Worldpoints.

Well that atleast gives me some hope that things were not screwed up!  Thanks!
Message 14 of 43
nicemann
Established Contributor

Did a product change from the worldpoints AMEX to the accelerated AMEX and it took almost 4 weeks.  I even called to make sure the card did not get lost.  Got the card in the mail today.
Message 15 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

nicemann wrote:
Did a product change from the worldpoints AMEX to the accelerated AMEX and it took almost 4 weeks.  I even called to make sure the card did not get lost.  Got the card in the mail today.

Wonder what the heck takes them so long.  I'm at 3 weeks today, so we'll see how much longer. Strange that it's reporting on my credit report already though and they have yet to update my online banking. 

Did your online information change just before you rec'd your card?
Message 16 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Among their 400 cards, they do have both a regular Worlds Point Visa and World Points Mastercard. I called last Friday and converted my reg Platinum Plus card into a Worlds Points one and they said it'd be 7-10 days. I'll get the new card, then call to activate. I don't see any changes yet on my BOA online banking.  I'm thinking I'll get the World Points Platinum Plus Visa, as it seems a natural progression from my current Platinum Plus Visa, but I'm not sure. I'll post in here when I get the card.

Message Edited by siangirl34 on 08-18-2008 06:28 PM
Message 17 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please do post when your card arrives.  I was told I was getting a MC and that's why I was getting a new account #.  I'm not sure why they would issue a new Visa number if they were just converting me to another Visa...

Well, we'll see what happens...
Message 18 of 43
dizzier
Established Contributor

when i changed my plat plus visa to a world points visa i got an entirely new card number. the product change took almost two months!

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 19 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

It makes no sense. You can apply for new credit and have your card in less than a week, but you do a change and it takes this long? I don't get it. So strange.
Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.