Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Change w/BofA-how long does it take? UPDATE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Product Change w/BofA-how long does it take? UPDATE

I'm at 2 1/2 weeks from the date I requested my product change. They did say it could take 2-3 weeks, but usually when I hear that, it never really does. I don't see any change in my online banking account either...

Anyone else have input from product changes specficially with  BofA? 

Message Edited by UpUpUp on 08-19-2008 12:19 PM
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Product Change with BofA, how long does it really take?

After going through 2 my experience was more like 3-4 weeks. You kind of get a heads up as the account changes online just before the card comes in the mail. They most likely change the online the day the card goes out.
Message 2 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received my card on the tuesday of the 5th week after requesting the change.  My online banking changed the saturday before. I went from Plat. visa to Amex rewards.
Message 3 of 43
jim5518
Established Member

Mine took 4 weeks
Message 4 of 43
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Some people have had the CSR tell them the product change was finalized and the conversion will happen after the next statement cuts only to find out later that no product change occurred.
Message 5 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, everyone, this is a long time! Hopefully I'll notice a change online in the next week or so....

Athensguy, I actually was afraid it didn't go through, as I am notorious for being that one person that always gets overlooked or gets false information.  I called this morning and after a few moments of searching the CSR tells me she sees the request was put in on the 29th. I asked her if she could tell me what kind of card it was for specifically because I forgot which it was and she told me some kind of WorldPoints but she couldn't tell me which. That doesn't sound promising...I have really not been having great BofA experiences lately and the thought of calling back makes my skin crawl.

Message 6 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine took about 6 weeks. I called about 2 or 3 times and they couldn't find the product change request. I think it was the 5th week and somehow I was transferred to the Spanish speaking rep and he was able to find my request and told me that I will receive the new card in a week, which I did. I also found out from mint.com on the 5th week - my BOA account displayed WorldPoints.
Message 7 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

athensguy wrote:
Some people have had the CSR tell them the product change was finalized and the conversion will happen after the next statement cuts only to find out later that no product change occurred.

Yep!  Smiley Indifferent  Some of us have.

Message 8 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oye, 6 weeks. That's stinky. Oh well, the longer it takes the less money they get from me, because I'm not using their cards until it's earning me $.

Solarjuju wrote:
Mine took about 6 weeks. I called about 2 or 3 times and they couldn't find the product change request. I think it was the 5th week and somehow I was transferred to the Spanish speaking rep and he was able to find my request and told me that I will receive the new card in a week, which I did. I also found out from mint.com on the 5th week - my BOA account displayed WorldPoints.

Message 9 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

So...I think even though my online banking does not show any changes, BofA is already reporting my new card.  This month I have 2 open TL's showing from BofA.  One of them is the original Visa and it's showing as normal for EQ and TU, but there is a new TL with a partial account# that is different and is reporting on EX so far. Interesting....

Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.