cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change Chase Marriott to Chase Hyatt CC?

tag
JHorowitz
Established Member

Product change Chase Marriott to Chase Hyatt CC?

Is this even possible? I want to switch hotel programs, but it would be nice to keep an old tradeline and no HQ...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Product change Chase Marriott to Chase Hyatt CC?

@JHorowitz wrote:

Is this even possible? I want to switch hotel programs, but it would be nice to keep an old tradeline and no HQ...

Doubtful, but you would need to contact Chase.  Haven't seen any co-branded PC to other co-branded products (e.g. United MP to Southwest), typically only within the same family.  Either call them or send them a SM.

Message 2 of 4
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

I would not do this.  Unless you have a very specific reason to want to avoid that hard inquiry, you'd be better off applying for a new card so you can get the two free nights in any Hyatt.  Even if you have something coming up like a mortgage application, wait until afterward to get the Hyatt card.  You'd have to be doing a ton of staying at Hyatt in the meantime where the incremental points you would earn from having the card now would make it worthwhile to forego the two free nights if you were to wait.  

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
JHorowitz
Established Member

@Walt_K wrote:

I would not do this.  Unless you have a very specific reason to want to avoid that hard inquiry, you'd be better off applying for a new card so you can get the two free nights in any Hyatt.  Even if you have something coming up like a mortgage application, wait until afterward to get the Hyatt card.  You'd have to be doing a ton of staying at Hyatt in the meantime where the incremental points you would earn from having the card now would make it worthwhile to forego the two free nights if you were to wait.  

I just wanted to avoid yet another new tradeline and the HP (multple mortgages within the next however many years - i buy rental properties). Churning in the past has already killed my AAoA. As far as the hyatt sign up bonus, i was going to have my gf sign up for the Hyatt card for the bonus nights, and have my own hyatt card for longterm (if i can PC). Yes, that means I couldve had 4 bonus nights total instead of two, but we already have TONS of Chase sapphire preferred points to make up for any category 6 Hyatt nights.

I'll give it a shot for a PC, but probably won't app for the Hyatt card if it wont happen.

TY for the responses

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.