Contributor
asanch12

Product change advice needed.

hi all,

i had the accelerated points Amex, but since i already had 2 amex cards i decided to change to one of their visas.  so i was allowed to do it.  Now i have the bankamericard cash rewards signature. The problem is that it doesnt report a credit limit.  does anyone know which BofA cards do? i want to product change again.

thank you!

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 688
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
bobebob

Re: Product change advice needed.

asanch12 wrote:

hi all,

i had the accelerated points Amex, but since i already had 2 amex cards i decided to change to one of their visas.  so i was allowed to do it.  Now i have the bankamericard cash rewards signature. The problem is that it doesnt report a credit limit.  does anyone know which BofA cards do? i want to product change again.

thank you!

When I called BoA to complain about the lack of CL reporting, the CSR said the only way was to switch to the Platinum Visa Card.  They said it would be a new card/account.

This is common with the Visa Signature cards, but differs from company to company in how they report CL.  From what I can see on my EQ at least is that the highest reported balance becomes the CL for purposes of Util.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Frequent Contributor
CreditMuppet

My understanding is that for accounts with a CL over $5000 BOA issues the 'signature' version of the card, you will need to try PC that card to the Platinum version if you want the CL to report.  I dont see why they wouldnt let you do that.

For what its worth I have recently PC'd to the BankAmericard Cash rewards and may well end up in the same situation.  I assume your CL was over $5k right?

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Contributor
asanch12

yeah that kinda sucks, thanks!

Contributor
asanch12

Yes, its over 5k.   im going to call and see what they say

Regular Contributor
flyingmd

My BoA accelerated rewards AMEX (22K) reports the credit line and my BoA Power Rewards VISA (12K) reports the limit.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}