Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change from Chase Freedom to Freedom Unlimited

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Product change from Chase Freedom to Freedom Unlimited

I am like 13/24 with no hopes of a Chase approval in the next year and a half or more. I went into one my preferred branch, which is a smaller downtown location with a very friendly banker and just prefer the experience over the phone rep. She said they don't do product changes and I assured her that they do. She called someone who walked her through it and should get my Freedom Unlimited in 5 days. Rotating categories are about obsolete for my needs, especially with the Citi Anywhere Visa, Chase Amazon Prime, and Amex SPG in my arsenal. Really excited to get my hands on the Unlimited.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Product change from Chase Freedom to Freedom Unlimited

How long has your card been open? My husbandd wishes he applied for freedom unlimited instead of the regular freedom.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I am like 13/24 with no hopes of a Chase approval in the next year and a half or more. I went into one my preferred branch, which is a smaller downtown location with a very friendly banker and just prefer the experience over the phone rep. She said they don't do product changes and I assured her that they do. She called someone who walked her through it and should get my Freedom Unlimited in 5 days. Rotating categories are about obsolete for my needs, especially with the Citi Anywhere Visa, Chase Amazon Prime, and Amex SPG in my arsenal. Really excited to get my hands on the Unlimited.

Congrats!! What's your CL?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How long has your card been open? My husbandd wishes he applied for freedom unlimited instead of the regular freedom.

too funny - I am in the opposite boat... wish I would have applied for a regular Freedom first, and picked up this Freedom Unlimited later on.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had my card for one year now. Limit is 5000. Same as it was on my Freedom since it is only a product change. Chase only gave me 3K and I put 2K of the limit from Chase Amazon on it (prior to the card being revamped).
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I originally got a Freedom, but PCd to FUnin less two months if I remember correctly. Just took a couple of SM through my Chase account
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I originally got a Freedom, but PCd to FUnin less two months if I remember correctly. Just took a couple of SM through my Chase account

I want to convert my Slate into something that generates rewards...But it's only been open for 5 months...sigh.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.