Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change of CSP to Freedom question

tag
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Product change of CSP to Freedom question

So I'll be getting rid of my CSP at the end of this month. For those of you who have downgraded to the Freedom, did the APR stay at 15.24% or have any of you had luck getting that reduced? I don't carry balances, but I still like to have my CC's at the best terms.

Thanks for the info in advance!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: Product change of CSP to Freedom question

If I'm not mistaken the CSP has a fixed rate of 15.99 and it can't be coverted to a Freedom. I could be wrong about the last part
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 2 of 6
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@icyhot wrote:
If I'm not mistaken the CSP has a fixed rate of 15.99 and it can't be coverted to a Freedom. I could be wrong about the last part

The APR has changed through the years. I got the CSP when it was at 15.24%, and it can be coverted to the Freedom or Sapphire as of yesterday that I called their CS.

Message 3 of 6
ddemari
Super Contributor

15.9 is the variable rate. So if the fed raises the interest, our cards with fixed apr's will rise. 

OP- I don't know the answer to that question, but I am very interested to find out the result! 

Message 4 of 6
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Ohhhh ok. Good to know
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your interest rate will carry over on your PC.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.