Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product change

tag
stlsme
New Contributor

Product change

I have a discover more card that I've had for almost 2 years what is the process to change it to an IT card? Is there a credit pull or anything. I've run 17kthrough the card since I've had it and it currently is at a zero balance. The limit is only 1500 if that makes a difference. Thx

EX: 844 EQ: 848 TU: 839
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Re: Product change

You can call and ask. Or ask on the website. Either way it's pretty easy. They just change it over with no credit pull. The account number stays the same and at the end of the current billing cycle it will be changed over. The redish purple design looks awesome in person.

Message 2 of 15
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Call them it's painless they are so friendly takes minutes.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 15
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

@Exonumist wrote:

You can call and ask. Or ask on the website. Either way it's pretty easy. They just change it over with no credit pull. The account number stays the same and at the end of the current billing cycle it will be changed over. The redish purple design looks awesome in person.

Smiley Happy It sure does!

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 4 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@stlsme wrote:

I have a discover more card that I've had for almost 2 years what is the process to change it to an IT card? Is there a credit pull or anything. I've run 17kthrough the card since I've had it and it currently is at a zero balance. The limit is only 1500 if that makes a difference. Thx

There's no HP to PC's your More card to the It version.  I think you will like the new It, they've also incorporated a variety of new designs and you can get your FICO score on your statement.

Message 5 of 15
Closingracer
Established Member

@Exonumist wrote:

ya.. i have the Blue one and considering to just get a new card to replace it being the Red one .. How long does it take to get replacement cards from them?

Message 6 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Closingracer wrote:

@Exonumist wrote:

ya.. i have the Blue one and considering to just get a new card to replace it being the Red one .. How long does it take to get replacement cards from them?

Anywhere from 7-10 days, often times less.

Message 7 of 15
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

@Closingracer wrote:

@Exonumist wrote:

Discover is pretty quick on replacement cards. 3 - 5 days is my expereince in South Florida.

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 8 of 15
Closingracer
Established Member

@FinStar wrote:

@Closingracer wrote:

@Exonumist wrote:

ok thanks i knew they deliver the first card in 2 days as a marketing thing at least when i signed up but i wasn't sure for replacement cards.  It will be the same Account number and experation date and Security code or is it a "new" card? I did not lose it and just like the red one better

Message 9 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Closingracer wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Closingracer wrote:

@Exonumist wrote:

ok thanks i knew they deliver the first card in 2 days as a marketing thing at least when i signed up but i wasn't sure for replacement cards.  It will be the same Account number and experation date and Security code or is it a "new" card? I did not lose it and just like the red one better

First card, yes.  Replacement cards go through standard pony express.

Your replacement card will have the card number, expiration date, CVV, APR and billing cycle information.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.