Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Productive morning with Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Productive morning with Capital One

I recently posted about my 18 month CLI on my QS1, well today my Cap One Platinum hit the 6 month mark. This card started out with a CL of 500, I was able to get a CLI to 1500 after second statement (only knew about this from the myFIco forum), followed by the credit steps increase to 2k the other day. I went to the online account center to combine cards, went through the 60 second process and combined the Platinum into my QS1 for a total CL of 8,300. While I was on the Cap One site, I figured I'd hop into a chat to see if I could upgrade to no AF (again, the only reason I knew of this was from this forum). The chat agent was very quick and helpful, he told me I am eligible to upgrade, asked a few verification questions, and told me that I have been upgraded to Quicksilver with no AF, a new card will be mailed in 7-10 days. I am pretty excited, this has definitely been the most productive 10 minutes of my year and a half rebuild. I think my next step will be to close my Union Plus MC that I opened 9 months ago that I am convinced will never move past the 500 CL it is at. 

This community has offered so much information that has helped accelerate my rebuild. Thanks everyone!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: Productive morning with Capital One

Congrats on your moves with Capital One.  They are a good company to work with.

Regarding your Union Plus MC, if it doesn't have an AF I'd suggest keeping it open until you have 3 other CC accounts.  If it does have AF or is costing you money in any way then close, but if not just sock drawer.

Message 2 of 6
boober
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your rebuilding! Smiley Happy

I've got the UP MC also that I've had for about 3 years now, and I'm not crazy about it. I've called a couple of times about raising the CL on it and always been told it's an HP. I don't have faith enough in them to even give me a CL if I did go through with it. Never gotten an auto CL either. My limit's always been at $3200. Nothing really negative in my reports and scores in the mid 700 range.

I'd guess that I've only put maybe $1500 worth of stuff on it overall total.

I've kinda given up on it for now till I see a reason to do otherwise. Mine doesn't have an AF and never has. Seems like not many people have this card.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone. I now have the QS 8.3k, a BBVA NBA Amex 5k, Sync Amazon 3.5k, and a couple commenity cards that I use and have grown a little. I thought it would be a lot longer before I could say this, but I really have no use for the Union Plus 500 limit. I am grateful that they approved me with scores in the 500's, I applied under the advice of someone at work (union rep). It was actually a 300 limit that graduated to 500 through credit steps, which makes me more discouraged that it will not grow further. At this point, with the above mentioned cards, will closing this card hurt me much?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Good job of combining and then upgrading your card, nicely done Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.