Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Professor Liz Warren's Testimony in January 2007

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Professor Liz Warren's Testimony in January 2007

Many people don’t worry about credit card tricks and traps. About 40% of families pay in full every month, and they rarely notice the mysterious increase in interest rates or the unexpected charges when a payment takes nine days to make it across country. Others enter the credit card market as a gladiator once entered battle, looking for leverage in zero-interest teaser rates and grace period floats and taking pride in their ability to carry a credit balance while dancing around the ever-present traps.
While the 29% default rate of interest charged many customers today is breath-taking ... hit the debtor with compound interest on the fees and with over-limit fees for two or three months in a row, and the interest rates swell to 400% and higher.
Citi earned nearly eight dollars on its credit card operations for every dollar it earned in other lending.

Strength and honor.
-- Ficos Maximus
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Professor Liz Warren's Testimony in January 2007

Noah, once again, thank you for that incredibly fascinating post.  8 pages well worth the read!

Liz Warren for president!!   Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Professor Liz Warren's Testimony in January 2007

Great stuff. I knew I had seen something about this issue of penalty fees and outrageous interest on CSPAN I think.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.