Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress...CSP...or garden

tag
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Progress...CSP...or garden

So yesterday when I got home from work and checked the mail and saw a letter from Chase. Open it up...pre-approval for the CSP, the one I had been aiming for since the start of my rebuild! Exciting! My dilemma is if I should take the 45k offer (40k sign up, 5k AU) or remain in the garden for my full year (November). I'm just happy to finally be in the position to make these decisions! Woo!

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Progress...CSP...or garden

keep holding out! you may get an even better offer later 

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 2 of 17
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@tattooedhusker wrote:

So yesterday when I got home from work and checked the mail and saw a letter from Chase. Open it up...pre-approval for the CSP, the one I had been aiming for since the start of my rebuild! Exciting! My dilemma is if I should take the 45k offer (40k sign up, 5k AU) or remain in the garden for my full year (November). I'm just happy to finally be in the position to make these decisions! Woo!

If They double pull they will probably see youe EX and EQ scores ... Would garden till that one is in the 700's imo

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 3 of 17
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Gardening wouldnt hurt if you can hold off, otherwise Chase Pre-Approvals are supposed to be really good actually Smiley Happy
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 4 of 17
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@tattooedhusker wrote:

If They double pull they will probably see youe EX and EQ scores ... Would garden till that one is in the 700's imo

I got double pulled for my CSP and it ex and tu i wish somebody would pul EQ on me its my highest score and has least amount of HP. YMMV on who pulls you i am in northeast. If you decide not to pull the trigger yet, you can use freedom as an everyday card as well as 5% category card to build up those UR points. Don't cash them out save them up till you apply for CSP then you can transfer them over to CSP account. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 17
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@tattooedhusker wrote:

I got double pulled for my CSP and it ex and tu i wish somebody would pul EQ on me its my highest score and has least amount of HP. YMMV on who pulls you i am in northeast. If you decide not to pull the trigger yet, you can use freedom as an everyday card as well as 5% category card to build up those UR points. Don't cash them out save them up till you apply for CSP then you can transfer them over to CSP account. 

Chase has never pulled TU for me and i am in the Northeast as well. They done it once when I asked them to 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
Message 6 of 17
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@tattooedhusker wrote:

Chase has never pulled TU for me and i am in the Northeast as well. They done it once when I asked them to 

i didnt ask i didn't want an double pull :-( i thought my credit was in good enough shape where i wouldn't get double or tripled anymore alas i was mistakened

Message 7 of 17
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@tattooedhusker wrote:

i didnt ask i didn't want an double pull :-( i thought my credit was in good enough shape where i wouldn't get double or tripled anymore alas i was mistakened

I got declined for the Freedom when they pulled my EX and on a Recon I asked if they could pull my TU report instead. They pulled and decline but still for me at least that is the only time they have pulled my TU report 

Message 8 of 17
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@tattooedhusker wrote:

I got declined for the Freedom when they pulled my EX and on a Recon I asked if they could pull my TU report instead. They pulled and decline but still for me at least that is the only time they have pulled my TU report 

Meh who knows what chase is thinking i don't think i got double pulled for my freedom when i got it. My credit report was in an lot worse shape at the time. I think my scores were in hi 600s when i got my freedom. I got double pulled back in may when i apped for CSP, and my scores were in the 770s on ex and low 800s on TU, I know freedom is easier to get approved for , but still an litlte crazy imo. 

Message 9 of 17
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@tattooedhusker wrote:

Meh who knows what chase is thinking i don't think i got double pulled for my freedom when i got it. My credit report was in an lot worse shape at the time. I think my scores were in hi 600s when i got my freedom. I got double pulled back in may when i apped for CSP, and my scores were in the 770s on ex and low 800s on TU, I know freedom is easier to get approved for , but still an litlte crazy imo. 

Oh chase has never doubled pulled me myself Smiley Tongue   I asked them to pull TU and the obliged 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.