cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proper Way To Add Authorized User To Wells Fargo Card?

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Re: Proper Way To Add Authorized User To Wells Fargo Card?

@CribDuchess wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

Well, basically what im wondering is if I should be calling a certain number or going to a branch vs doing it online...but i guess its all the same..?

Well, we sent a secure message to Wells Fargo and this was the response...

"I received your email regarding an authorized user. 

Because your authorized user is not a joint signer on the credit card, 
there will be no credit reporting for the authorized user."

And then mentioned filling out a form to become a joint signer...would that require a hard inquiry to make that happen?

Thanks for posting this.  My DH was just approved for a WF Visa Signature card yesterday and after he gets the card, he will add me and our son as authorized users.  I actually wouldn't mind if it didn't report on my CRs.  I merely wanted to be an AU to maximize the rewards we will earn for the next 6-months.  Smiley Happy

Of course, I have to wonder if the CSR that answered your message actually knew what he/she was talking about.  As we often read here, CSRs do not always provide accurate answers where credit reporting is concerned.  This may be a YMMV situation.

Yeah, i just have this feeling its true becuase id think they'd at least need an address to match to my first nad last name to be able to find my credit file to report the account to...

plus i vaguely rememeber reading them needing a "form" or some type but it ws a long time ago and i cant remember for sure now...

Message 11 of 27
isilon01
Valued Member

I think Chase does the same thing.  You can add authorized users by entering their first name and last name only.  And it's been 2 mo since I've added two people to my account as authorized users and Chase hasn't reported to CSR about them yet.

Chase Sapphire Preferred: 33k | Chase MP Exp: 25k | Barclay WM: 15k | Discover: 14k | Citi TYP: 15k | Cap1 QS: 6k | WellsFargo: 7k | Amex BCE: 20k | Amex Platinum: NPSL

The Definitive Amex 3X CLI Guide
Message 12 of 27
shane82388
Established Contributor

Here is what Wells Fargo said about the adding of a joint account user....

"I received your email requesting that we send you a form to add a joint 
cardholder to your Wells Fargo credit card.

Your request has been submitted. Please allow ten business days for 
delivery of the form.

Once the completed form is received, it will take approximately 14 
business days from the date it is received for the secondary account 
owner's card to be received. There may be a credit inquiry for the 
person you are trying to add."

Sounds like this idea isn't going to work without a hard inquiry...? There must be someone on this board who has successfully become an authorized user on an account at Wells Fargo and has it report to their credit report?

Message 13 of 27
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

Here is what Wells Fargo said about the adding of a joint account user....

"I received your email requesting that we send you a form to add a joint 
cardholder to your Wells Fargo credit card.

Your request has been submitted. Please allow ten business days for 
delivery of the form.

Once the completed form is received, it will take approximately 14 
business days from the date it is received for the secondary account 
owner's card to be received. There may be a credit inquiry for the 
person you are trying to add."

Sounds like this idea isn't going to work without a hard inquiry...? There must be someone on this board who has successfully become an authorized user on an account at Wells Fargo and has it report to their credit report?

I just got added to my mothers wells fargo account. It finally just reported but only to experian so far, i am hoping that it will report to both eq and TU maybe sometime this week. statement date was aug 17. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 14 of 27
shane82388
Established Contributor

I just got added to my mothers wells fargo account. It finally just reported but only to experian so far, i am hoping that it will report to both eq and TU maybe sometime this week. statement date was aug 17. 

How exactly did you do it though? Online? Did you only submit your first and last name? Do you bank with Wells Fargo?

Message 15 of 27
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

How exactly did you do it though? Online? Did you only submit your first and last name? Do you bank with Wells Fargo?

I recently closed my wells fargo account and moved to an CU before i added myself to my mothers Wells fargo credit card, we have same last name and same address. I did it online thru the website. I called wellsfargo to make sure i was added properly as an AU, they verfied that i was an AU , and just today i noticed that it reported to exp for first time. Hope this information helps.

Message 16 of 27
shane82388
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

I recently closed my wells fargo account and moved to an CU before i added myself to my mothers Wells fargo credit card, we have same last name and same address. I did it online thru the website. I called wellsfargo to make sure i was added properly as an AU, they verfied that i was an AU , and just today i noticed that it reported to exp for first time. Hope this information helps.

did the screen you added yourself on look like this? (just for confirmation Smiley Wink )

wfauthorizeduser.png

Message 17 of 27
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

did the screen you added yourself on look like this? (just for confirmation Smiley Wink )

wfauthorizeduser.png

yes that looks very familiar. I would just wait for first statement to post , then it should start reporting. I don't know this one seemed to start reporting an lot later then the AU cap one i have, not sure that helps any

Message 18 of 27
jackten
New Visitor

What ended up happening to the WF account? did the AU's see the account history on their profiles also?

Message 19 of 27
shane82388
Established Contributor

@jackten wrote:

What ended up happening to the WF account? did the AU's see the account history on their profiles also?

It did end reporting on my credit reports.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.