cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pros and Cons of "Signature" and "World" cc's CL report issue.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pros and Cons of "Signature" and "World" cc's CL report issue.

There is thread going on about reporting of  "Signature"  and  "World"  cc's CL.

In my case  ...

Pros: It may helps me when I need to app for auto loan near future in Debt vs Income ratio by reduces total CL.   What do you think?

Cons: Reduces total CL and increases total Util % ... so, I have to watch out the statement balances on my other ccs to keep the util low.

How does this issue affect in your case?

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Re: Pros and Cons of "Signature" and "World" cc's CL report issue.

PRO- if I need to make a large purchase  that exceeds my credit line, I am able to. Since I pif anyway, doesn;t matter to me that the amount of the balance over the CL has to be pif each month.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@flyingmd wrote:

PRO- if I need to make a large purchase  that exceeds my credit line, I am able to. Since I pif anyway, doesn;t matter to me that the amount of the balance over the CL has to be pif each month.

That's good point!    Me ... it's no way.  Not able to PIF that much of $$$ ... Signature VISA 10.6k  and  World MC 9k

Message 3 of 21
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

Maybe. But what if you were traveling and needed to exceed your limit till you got home. You can. Just a pro of these cards. NEG is obviously a lot of these types of cards, not al, do not report CL on CR.
Message 4 of 21
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

PRO - they look cooler than regular cards.
Message 5 of 21
flyingmd
Frequent Contributor

PRO - signature concierge for both types, the signature visa and world elite MC
Message 6 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Pro - if the sig or world CC is not reporting a CL or a high balance, you won't take a hit for high util if the balance is high.

Message 7 of 21
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

@fused wrote:

Pro - if the sig or world CC is not reporting a CL or a high balance, you won't take a hit for high util if the balance is high.

With my BoA VIsa Signature, the card reports the balance against your Util with the highest reported balance counted as the CL for purposes of Util.

Essentially, if the balance is at or near the highest reported balance then the util for that card is 100%.

That's why some of us are frustrated by how some CCC's report the signature info.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 8 of 21
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@bobebob wrote:

@fused wrote:

With my BoA VIsa Signature, the card reports the balance against your Util with the highest reported balance counted as the CL for purposes of Util.

Essentially, if the balance is at or near the highest reported balance then the util for that card is 100%.

That's why some of us are frustrated by how some CCC's report the signature info.

Bob, you may have already realized this, but what fused is pointing out is that there are some sig or world CCs that do not report a limit and also do not report a high balance.  If you have such a card, you have a tradeline that is invisible for utilization purposes. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Walt_K wrote:

@bobebob wrote:

@fused wrote:

Bob, you may have already realized this, but what fused is pointing out is that there are some sig or world CCs that do not report a limit and also do not report a high balance.  If you have such a card, you have a tradeline that is invisible for utilization purposes. 

Exactly! Your wording was clearly better than mine.Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.